“Should be called the "No" hotel.”

Super 8 Prescott Valley
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Prescott Valley
Littlerock
“Should be called the "No" hotel.”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed at the PV Super 8 this past weekend for 2 nights. Prices were ok, not great, total cost with AAA $163. There are plenty of hotels to choose from on the same street, even cheaper.

The negatives -
* NO pets. Did not know this prior, since most Super 8's allow dogs. And since I was travelling with dogs, this was a problem.
* No grass anywhere, only rocks.
* No shade.
* No Pool. Closed and covered.
* Very small continental breakfast.. danish, dry cereal, coffee.
* No ice machine. You have to ask the front desk for ice, and are given a sandwich bag of ice. I had to ask for two.

Positives -
* Room was clean, windows opened, bed was comfy.
* When I checked in on Friday, the hotel clerk was very helpful and friendly. The others throughout the weekend, not so much.

Would find another hotel next time in Prescott.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Austin
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The lobby was unusually nice for a Super 8. The desk attendant was very pleasant.

The room was clean and with a microwave, refrigerator and a round table. The bed was comfortable. The TV worked well.

The bathroom was simple, with an outside vanity, but the water pressure and shower were fine.

Breakfast was relatively meager, with coffee, orange juice (real OJ, BTW), Cheerios and Fruit Loops, milk, bagels and some pastries.

At $81, it was a bit overpriced relative to other Super 8's we'd stayed in on the trip.

Our only complaint was that the A/C unit was unusually noisy.

Overall, it's a good place to stay. Fix the A/C unit and price the room at $20 less and it would be a good deal.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2011

For the price, I was quite satisfied. The employees at the hotel were very nice and helpful. The towels were small and the quality was okay, not plush. Carpeting and decorations in my room were okay, not high quality. I found it a very clean, pleasant place to stay. The computer in the lobby was very slow the first day, but somehow speeded up after that. There is no elevator, so you need to drag your luggage up to the second floor. There is no restaurant on site , therefore no room service, and there is no spa. Not sure if a pool was available.

I would stay there again the next time I am in town.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and they gave me one on the second floor, and it was quitet enough.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jmat50
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Nothing super fancy but still a very comfortable place to stay! The king bed was very comfortable and the service was very sweet! If your looking for a good price at a clean hotel, then book your stay here!

• Stayed July 2011
Valley of the Sun, AZ
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Room smelled of stale cigarettes which someone had tried to cover up with perfume or air-freshner. The result was a nasty smell. Carpet needed replacing and was actually sticky; obviously it needed shampooing. Bedspreads were frayed and pillows were about same size, thickness, and softness as a rolled up bath towel.

The worst was the bugs. We killed large beetle on the floor and found one Uder our pillow. The front desk person came to kill the beetle found in our bed, walked into the room and said, "Man, That's a Big Bug!" We agree. It was a big bug. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep that night. We kept wondering how many more beetles were in the room and when the next one might try to crawl into our beds.

We've stayed here several times before. There is a difference in room quality. Some are good. Some are not good. Unfortunately, the motel was sold out and no other rooms were available in the area so we were forced to stay here. If you stay here, bring your own bug spray.

• Liked — Ease of reservation
  • Disliked — Bugs
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Prescott Valley hotels

Phoenix,AZ
Reviewed December 17, 2007

After reading the reviews in Trip advisor, we chose the Super 8 hotel in Prescott Valley.We didn't want to spend over 100.00 for our stay,but we found their rates to be very reasonable.
The staff was great!!!!!!!!!!!! I accidently forgot to mention that I needed a non smoking room,and they were pretty much booked up,but they were able to give us a newly remodled room that they had just finished.

The sevice was awesome,they went out of their way for us.the place was clean, and they even had a microwave and small refrigeratior in our room.Whenever I visit Prescott valley, I will be sure to stay at the Super 8 hotel.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007
1 Thank CalliePhoenix_AZ
new mexico
Reviewed October 16, 2007

We stayed at this place expecting an average stay but the staff made me feel like I was someone special. This goes a long way with me. I found the room to be nice and clean. One of the nicer Super 8's I've stayed in. Breakfast was more than adaquate (doughnuts, bagels, 2 types of juices, and cerial and milk). More than I expected, I will definitely stay again.

• Liked — Friendly service and nice and clean rooms
  • Disliked — The pool was closed
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
#3 of 22 in Prescott
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#3 of 5 in Prescott Valley

Been to Super 8 Prescott Valley? Share your experiences!