“Counter person set a negative and unwelcoming tone”

Hampton Inn & Suites Prescott Valley
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Prescott Valley
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I can't remember how many Hilton properties I've stayed at--sometimes at state government rates; mostly not--but I've never had a problem before and have never even been asked for credentials until this stay. Some properties state that the state government rate is for a specific state only and some do not. This one did not specify "AZ state employees only" as some of the CA properties do. Anyway, I guess I'll only be booking the state rate for the state I live in from now on since I really dislike setting the tone of a stay by debating rates with some snooty clerk. She made us feel so unwelcome that I almost left the property but knew they'd bill us for the stay, anyway. As it turns out, after making us feel unwelcome and telling us we could not have the government rate, she begrudgingly conceded after attempting to make us feel guilty by telling us her manager would be displeased. Good grief! Guess that's why they put her on the graveyard shift. I did not make a scene and I was not rude; I simply told her that I had never been asked for my state ID before (which I am always prepared to do) and that the website does not specifically state that the rate was for AZ only. I even jokingly asked her if two NM state IDs could count as an AZ ID since we are both state employees. I was ready to pay the full rate and would have preferred that over the negative encounter. In addition to the unwelcoming clerk, the toilet didn't flush properly (had to push lever repeatedly and it never fully cycled); the cabinet holding the fridge vibrated loudly all night long; the climate control only went to 66 (and I doubt the room ever got much below 70) and I couldn't make the fan stay on for background noise; and what's up with the "complimentary" call shortly after we arrive in the room? I've had them before and I find them quite annoying, particularly since I figured it was this woman changing her mind on the rate. Please stop with the calls, people! I was looking forward to this stay with all the great reviews but quite frankly, we could have got a comparable rate at a lesser chain property and I would have likley slept better, been happier and treated better. I won't be staying here again, even with family in Prescott Valley and you can be sure I won't recommend it. On a positive note, the property and rooms were clean and the dining area staffer was friendly.

Room Tip: Don't let the reviews fool you; I assure you this property is nothing special.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ricomalo
HamptonPV, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Prescott Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hotel was clean, and quiet. Staff was friendly! I was pleased with the value of the hotel. My room was quiet and comportable, with no street noise. I recommend this property. The AC was strong, and the bed was relatively comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Prescott Valley, AZ is a fine hotel in most respects and would have been a fine choice in every category except one. The air conditioner was very loud and obnoxious. The control panel on the unit was sealed off, so the only setting was the thermostat. The unit cycled all night, leaving my wife and I uncomfortably hot for awhile and then blasted by a frigid stream of air for awhile. It never reached a comfortable level for any length of time. Our friend in another room had the same complaint when we talked to him the next morning. None of us slept well.

Room Tip: I don't know how to avoid the problem I had.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim F
HamptonPV, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Prescott Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

We apologize for the quality of services you received during your recent stay. We have reported the malfunctioning of the HVAC unit in your guest suite to our maintenance team. We will resolve the issue with our maintenance team and hope you will consider staying with us at again the next time you return to the area. In the event that you do decide to return to Prescott Valley please contact me prior to arrival and I will make your reservation personally.

Safe Travels, Myra Moreno (928) 772-1800

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a wrestling tournament at Tim's Toyota Center, so this was perfect- nearly adjacent. It's a bit of a drive if you are going to Prescott for downtown, but not too bad as traffic is nonexistent. It's a Hampton- what can you say, they do everything right. Good service, great rooms. We had the large suite- it was perfect for our family. The price was surprisingly cheaper than some other places in the area that were not as good. Great pool- only negative if I could say any is I don't like their breakfasts- they have lots of options but the eggs and meats are the PRE-cooked variety that some chains use. Service was great and friendly- would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

In my opinion Hampton Inns are consistently the best hotel value and the Prescott Valley Hampton continues the tradition. From the warm welcome, to the clean room, to the free all day coffee this Hampton provides a great value. I stayed in a large room with a couch, desk, wet bar, fridge and a large closet. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was quiet. The surrounding area had a few dining options and stores.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Breakfast was good and slightly different each day as they varied the main dish. Room was clean and affordable. In room WiFi a real plus. There was also a microwave and refrigerator in room and a few frozen dinners you could buy in the lobby. Fresh fruit, coffee, tea and cocoa was available 24 hrs a day. It was too cool for my taste to use the pool but it looked sparkling clean. The hotel is situated just across from an IHop and several other eating establishments. There is also a very large Fry's grocery store there too. And if you want to try nostalgia there is a Sonic not too far away and some more update places as well like Garcias Mexican food. Really couldn't ask for much more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We love this Hampton Inn and always feel like family when we stay there. The staff is always friendly and helpful, and the rooms clean and comfortable. We make the trip to Prescott Valley several times a year to visit with my elderly Uncle and we wouldn't dream of staying anywhere but the Prescott Valley Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
SpringHill Suites Prescott
Hassayampa Inn
Hassayampa Inn
#7 of 22 in Prescott

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Prescott Valley? Share your experiences!