“This is a nice hotel and well run...but may need some consistency.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Prescott Valley
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Prescott Valley
Michigan
“This is a nice hotel and well run...but may need some consistency.”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

When we checked in to this hotel, we were reminded there was no smoking and no pets. We were fine with both issues. We do NOT smoke and have no pets that travel with us. We even he'd to sign a paper agreeing to the no smoking and no pet policy. Well, upon returning from dinner we followed a lady into the hotel who was also bringing in her wet and muddy dog. I checked with the front desk clerk the next morning and he said that actually the decision was up to the hotel manager. So, some people can stay with pets and others have to sign that they will not. Where is the consistency?

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank AZgolferMom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Saint Johns, AZ
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Now, it could be because I am a Hilton Honors member (which got me 30% off the room rate!), but I have never had such great service at a hotel. The people were extremely friendly, extra pillows and towels I asked for were already in the room waiting, and after 10 minutes, the front desk called to make sure I liked the room! I have stayed in probably hundreds of rooms in my life, and that has never happened.
We got a king suite on the 4th floor, and it was quite a large size. It was so big, you could have the sofa bed out, and not impede any foot traffic what so ever. There was just tons of room! The suite even has 2 large windows. It's probably easily 25+/- feet across from the couch on one wall to the bed on the other, by maybe 15ft+/- or so. A big room. This is not counting the bathroom, kitchenette, or closet.
The bathroom was very clean, and made me feel okay about bathing my child in the tub. The room we had had a carpet stain by the desk (looked like an ink pen popped), and a few wear points where the carpet met the bathroom. And that is the only faults I could find. The room was impeccably clean. I use the baby test for the carpet: if my child can run and crawl around the room for an hour or longer, and her feet are still reasonably clean, the hotel is doing great (an alternative to the "white sock" test).
The heating/cooling unit can be a little loud at times, but not like a grinding noise or anything. It just runs pretty hard to keep the room the temperature you designate on the digital wall panel, which is impressive considering how cold it gets at night in Prescott Valley in December.
The amenities were okay, but what I appreciated was the little sign that said if you forgot something (razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderant, etc), the front desk could give you some for free. Nice.
Downstairs in the lobby, they have 3 types of coffee and a hot water dispenser with tea bags and cocoa pouches going at all times. We took advantage of that one night, and it was nice. The breakfasts are okay, and include eggs and waffles and the usual fair. They seem to have breakfast open later than other hotels as well. I *hate* when hotels have a breakfast, but have it all cleaned up by 8:30.
Also a plus: it's quiet inside. I never heard a maid running a vacuum next door, or anything like that. We were never disturbed when the sign was on the door, and the room was picked up when we came back, trash taken out, nothing on the floor, bed made, new amenities and towels and such. That's how maid service should be!
If you're facing the highway, however, you may hear some limited road noise. One morning, we got woken up around 7:30 when every (and I do mean every, including unmarked) police vehicle in the entire city decided to turn on their sirens and file by the hotel along the highway. I heard later it was something to do with taking under priveledged kids shopping, which is great, but did they really need to wake everyone up blaring every siren possible? Ugh. Besides sirens, however, you dont hear much at all, which is impressive considering how close to the road you are. The area provides a great selection of eateries (go to Zeke's for breakfast.. if you leave there hungry, you didn't order anything. Plus, you can walk there, it's super close), but having quick access to the road is nice sometimes.
The kitchennete is just a little wet bar when you first walk in, but has a sink, microwave and fridge there, with a coffee maker, wrapped paper cups and teas and coffee. But, they also include a packet of ACT microwave popcorn, which was really cool.

Overall, would I stay here again? Absolutely! I'd honestly say it was worth full-price, but for traveling and trying to budget, I feel like I got an absolute bargain.

Room Tip: Getting a room towards the back of the building might help cut down road noise if you're super s...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Arizona
Reviewed December 10, 2011

The king suite was perfect for our family of four. A sofabed for our two small kids and a nice kitchen area in the entry with frig, microwave and large marbel countertop which held our own little midnight buffet.

We we greated on arrival late in the evening with coffee and tea in the lobby. Good coffee, too! We didn't hang around for breakfast as we were on our way to Jerome and Sedona. The drive to Jerome from PV was fun and easy.

We have family in Prescott and will definitely stay here again next time we have an extended visit. I used Hilton points for this stay which made it free!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Carson, California, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My family and I stayed here for Embry-Riddle's open house in late October and no major complaints here. Only thing that was a bummer was the fact that the drive to the town of Prescott itself was a little lengthy and the breakfast was just average. Either than that, the rooms were super clean the the hotel staff was very friendly!

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Grand Canyon, AZ
Reviewed November 13, 2011

As others have noted, it is centrally located withing walking distance of several attractions and shopping opportunities. Checking in was fast and efficient and when I went to the room and opened the door, a light was on and the room was already heated. What an inviting presentation after a long day in the cold. In the morning breakfast had several selections to choose from, but if you want a waffle, be prepared to wait a long time. They had only one machine which there was always a line in front of it, so I passed on that. With the popularity of that breakfast item, a second machine would be a worthy investment by the hotel. The fire alarm went off not once, but twice that morning during the half hour or so that I was in the breakfast room and the front desk quickly proclaimed a false alarm each time, but the first time it took 6-7 minutes before it was shut off. I heard the breakfast attendent explaining to one guest that "It's good to know that the system is working" which I felt was an odd observation. Being three years old they should have known all along that the fire alarm system was in proper working order, which left me with a less than positive opinion of the daily operation of the property. but in general it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I'm writing this review from the spacious, beautiful lobby of the new Hampton Inn & Suites in Prescott Valley. The property is only three years old (opened Nov. 2008), so it's easy to talk about how CLEAN and NEW it is.  Besides the obvious advantages of that, it's just a great place to stay!

My wife and I spent two nights in a "regular" king room on the 4th floor.  The room was large, airy (high ceiling) and had a great view of the valley looking west.  Room and bed were VERY comfortable (the wall thermostat for the window unit climate control was a nice touch!).  There was a large desk-table and even a complimentary lap desk. Free WiFi and ethernet are 'de rigueur' these days (that's the extent of my French), as well as flat-screen TV and cable. No reefer or micro (that costs EXTRA!), but that's OK.

Didn't use the pool but it did look inviting. The breakfast buffet was what we really came for.  No disappointments there!  All the basics plus western-style omelets and turkey sausage on Sunday, scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy on Monday.  Plenty of fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juices,  milk, waffles, muffins, etc., etc.  What should've been hot was hot and what should've cold was cold.  What more could you ask for?

Well, you could ask for friendly service from the hotel staff.  We got that, too! Everybody was cordial and responsive (more so than many of the GUESTS!) and genuinely interested in making sure our stay was satisfactory and pleasant, which it definitely was.

This Hampton Inn & Suites is a really nice place to spend a couple of nights in PV.  It's not ostentatious and elaborate if that's what you're looking for. It's just very attractive and well-appointed (even the emergency stairwells are fully carpeted and finished!). It goes without saying, then, that my wife and I will be back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed October 20, 2011

This was a fabulous hotel. Will definately stay here again. Very clean, staff was wonderful. They had one of the best continental breakfasts I ever had at a hotel. It had warm and cold food and the warm changed daily. Great location with restaurants within walking distance. Great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
SpringHill Suites Prescott
Super 8 Prescott Valley
Super 8 Prescott Valley
#5 of 5 in Prescott Valley

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Prescott Valley? Share your experiences!