“No complaints - stay here every year”

Comfort Suites Prescott Valley
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Prescott Valley
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We love that every room has a "sitting room" as it gives our toddler more room to run around. Always clean, and the staff is always friendly. Check in is quick and easy. Continental breakfast is standard, but above average.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Comfort Suites is perhaps four years old and has been well maintained. I did think it odd that the lobby did not face the awesome Prescott Valley, but my room did and the view was absolutely lovely. My room was a non smoking room on the second floor but the room had a stuffy (?) smell, so I opened the window, but that didn't really help.

The furnishings were in good condition as was the room. The lighting was good, for those who like to sit and read. But the tv, sofa, and chair were oddly arranged. You would not be able to watch tv from the chair. The windows had blackout curtains, which was a nice touch, to block the early a.m. sunshine in Arizona. The outlets and usb ports were easily accessed.

In the bathroom one of the three lights was out and a second blew shortly after the lights were turned on. The front desk was helpful enough and quick about it, but I always wonder about a maid who does not notice such a thing. Did she clean the bathroom in the semi dark?

The pool area was pretty standard--a few chairs, a hot tub and a small pool. When I first arrived I couldn't help but notice the foam in the hot tub. That is easily addressed, and wasn't. It was also raining during my stay, and rain in Arizona is always appreciated, but it put a damper on the pool area.

There were 50+ teams in the Prescott area for a softball tournament, several teams stayed in this location, but noise was not an issue nor was the cleanliness of the common areas. The housekeeping staff did a good job.

The breakfast was better than many you might find at a property similar to this. There was the typical packaged pastries, yogurt, bagels and cream cheese, apples and bananas, and I think oranges But they also had hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, waffles, and biscuits and gravy. The breakfast area was kept clean, and again, there were all of these young girls in town for the softball tournament. That says something!

There was a large field next to this property which would be a great place to walk your dog. But, I always caution people, that in Arizona in the summer you need to watch out for snakes. Don't just let your dog run free.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Prescott Valley (not the business next door)--great views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Because it was rodeo time, 4th of July week, fire evacuations and other unusual circumstances there were very few rooms to be had in the entire Prescott, AZ area. Chris worked with us continuously to make sure we had a room available for the full two weeks we were in town helping with the fire. I can only say THANK YOU, THANK YOU to her and all the other staff we encountered. They are phenomenal. Oh, and the rooms and the breakfast are great too!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just spent 2 nights at this lovely hotel. The staff at the front desk are very friendly and helpful. The room was very large with a sleeper sofa, coffee table area separate from the bed. The bed itself was very comfortable (I'm way picky) so that was awesome. Nice firm bed with a pillowtop..
Soft linens both on bed and in bathroom. Flat screen TV was nice as well. I have attached photos.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 217 thinking we were going to get a view. We did but we were also on level with th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a newer place in this area so I expected a little more.

The check is was good and the staff was professional and pleasant.

The negative experiences were when there were no pillows or extra linens for the pull out sofa for the little one, I called the desk and requested them and was told that I had to come down stairs and get them myself. Maybe it's me, but for over a hundred dollars a night, should they bring you the bedding?

Sheets and pillow cases on king bed were stained some unknown yellow color and they had bits of plastic (something or another) between the sheet and bed pad (odd).

The in-room coffee pot was left unclean so we had to clean it to use it. The room was generally not as clean as I'm used to.

This is a pretty noisy place. The thin walls allowed me to be able to clearly hear my neighbors conversation while trying to sleep. There was unknown (machinery type outside noise as well at 1 am)

Beds - uncomfortable

pool and hot tub cold and small. Heated? hmmm

The rest of the facility was nice and has modern decor.

The breakfast was decent as was the "gym"

So in summary... not terrible but not that great either. There is much better in that area for the price. We probably wont stay there again with all the choices.

If you can get in to Prescott, I'd suggest the Spring Hills Suites (Marriott)

Room Tip: Hampton Inn
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Hans P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Prescott Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns about the Comfort Suites. Here at the Comfort Suites we strive in Customer Satisfaction and our objective is to surpass any and all expectations of our guests. We apologize for any and all inconveniences that you encountered while staying with us.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My now husband and I stayed here along with some family members/wedding party. We stayed here for our wedding weekend, May 17th through May 19th 2013. The rooms were clean, the bathrooms pristine and the beds super comfortable! The staff was friendly, professional and helpful. The continental breakfast was great and offered a good variety of breakfast foods. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Prescott Valley!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I agree with the usual reporting of what the other reviews have said A++ to this hotel.
What I would like to add is this (not a big deal just worth noting).
If you're wanting to stay in Prescott Valley this hotel is a great choice....however, it is NOT within walking distance to "in-town" amenities like another chain hotel is. For instance we previously stayed at the Hampton Inn in Prescott Valley and walked over to the Harkins Theater and to Chilli's restaurant. This hotel is in Prescott Valley but a bit on the western edge of town. There is a Cracker Barrel down the hill and a plaza close by with some things in it that I didn't really see what. The operative word(s) here is "down the hill". This hotel sits high on a hill which affords spectacular views of the valley and is all lit up like a Vegas hotel! :)
However, walking anywhere is not really a comfortable option. Not impossible..just not comfortable...call me lazy :) That's the only thing I wanted to let all of you know.
I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.
FYI...they take pets for a $40 non-refundable fee.
Safe travel friends!
/scarlett329

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the valley.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Hassayampa Inn
Hassayampa Inn
#9 of 22 in Prescott
Best Western Prescottonian

Been to Comfort Suites Prescott Valley? Share your experiences!