“Good hotel would stay again some exceptions worth noting”

Comfort Suites Prescott Valley
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Prescott Valley
Anthem, Arizona
“Good hotel would stay again some exceptions worth noting”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I agree with the usual reporting of what the other reviews have said A++ to this hotel.
What I would like to add is this (not a big deal just worth noting).
If you're wanting to stay in Prescott Valley this hotel is a great choice....however, it is NOT within walking distance to "in-town" amenities like another chain hotel is. For instance we previously stayed at the Hampton Inn in Prescott Valley and walked over to the Harkins Theater and to Chilli's restaurant. This hotel is in Prescott Valley but a bit on the western edge of town. There is a Cracker Barrel down the hill and a plaza close by with some things in it that I didn't really see what. The operative word(s) here is "down the hill". This hotel sits high on a hill which affords spectacular views of the valley and is all lit up like a Vegas hotel! :)
However, walking anywhere is not really a comfortable option. Not impossible..just not comfortable...call me lazy :) That's the only thing I wanted to let all of you know.
I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat.
FYI...they take pets for a $40 non-refundable fee.
Safe travel friends!
/scarlett329

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the valley.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank scarlett329

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I made a mistake on my reservation and was going to be double charged; prepaid the room then I didn't cancel the first night so Choice canceled the entire stay. When I arrived the second day the entire reservation was canceled with no credit. Although I didn't go ballistic (I was waiting for the manager to come on duty), I was not happy. Chris took the initiative to contact the manager at home and got the billing squared away (and no, she didn't ask me to mention her name). The other reviews sum up the quality of the place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice and new hotel. I have no complaints about the hotel itself. The location is a little bit away from downtown Prescott, but that was not a big deal for me, since I only stayed for one night. I will definitely stay here again, when I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Calabasas, California, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our family has stayed here a dozen times over the last 2 years and we love it here. It is immaculate, friendly, quiet and well-located. Free yummy breakfast, great work-out room and clean inviting pool. Front desk rocks. We will miss Jason, but everyone else is also great. A winner!

Room Tip: Top floor is most quiet, but really the hotel is very quiet anywhere.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Comfort Suites for four nights while exploring the quad-city area. It is actually fairly close to Prescott itself, about five miles down Rt 69. We were given a room on the quiet fourth floor. During our stay several busloads of guests came and went, but being on the 4th floor, we were never disturbed by noise or commotion. The hot breakfast is excellent with a rotating menu of choices: pre-made omelettes and bacon; scrambled eggs, potatoes, and sausage; eggs and biscuits with gravy. Of course the standard cold items are also available (cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc). The exercise room had an excellent treadmill. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and got to know us over our four day stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a fourth floor room if you want to be more isolated and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Saskatchewan
Reviewed April 28, 2013

From the outside, this new hotel looks fine. If you want to stay far away from anything else, this may be a good choice. If you want to be near Historic Prescott, or near Prescott's hospital, this is not a good choice.
I booked this from my vehicle, while sitting in the town square in Prescott, thinking that I was booking a hotel IN Prescott. I entered the address in to GPS, and realized right away that it was many miles away, in Prescott Valley. I immediately phoned expedia, who said they would try to get ahold of the hotel manager to cancel the reservation. Well despite his professional pleading, and then my driving over there to do so in person, and despite the fact that it was within 15 minutes of booking, the manager would not be swayed to do anything, quoting that it was policy. It was only one room for one night, but holding someone to a reservation that is clearly not what was needed, even though the initial error was my own, is purely petty. Methinks that the title 'manager' got to her head. I can't speak to the quality of some of it, but if I could give service and value a zero, I would.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ghost07
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the last two years. It was new when we visited the first time and it still looks new. Excellent service, extremely clean, nice large bathrooms, great hot breakfast and large comfortable spacious rooms with flat screen tv's. Jason and the girls at the front desk are so helpful and nice. Warm breakfast with lost of choices. Close to restaurants and theaters. Minutes from downtown Prescott. We stay here every time we go to Prescott.

Room Tip: If you take your pet ask for a room on the first floor. This is a very quiet hotel. We have never...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
La Quinta Inn & Suites & Conference Center Prescott
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#3 of 5 in Prescott Valley

Been to Comfort Suites Prescott Valley? Share your experiences!