“Extraordinary customer service!”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Phoenix, Arizona
“Extraordinary customer service!”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

My wife and I had visited the Hotel Vendome several years ago (before Eric and Steph, the current owners, took it over), so we were already familiar with its historic charms and its unrivaled location next door to the best restaurant in Prescott and a half-block from legendary Whisky Row. On this visit, between the Christmas and New Year holidays, we expected to be comfortable and conveniently located and we weren't disappointed in either regard.
What we didn't expect was a record-breaking (for Prescott) snowfall that left our and other guest cars literally buried in snow in the hotel's parking lot. Because of treacherous road conditions (and, as Phoenix residents, our general lack of experience with driving in snow), we elected to stay one additional day beyond our planned two-night visit.
What we also didn't expect, after a day of walking (and slipping) around the snowbound downtown, was to return to the hotel and find that Eric (the owner) had taken the initiative of personally digging our car out of its snowbank (even though he knew we were staying one more night) in order to minimize overnight freezing problems. The next day, while my wife and I gathered our luggage, Eric warmed up our car for us, brushed away all of the accumulated snow from our car windows, and shoveled out some additional space for our exit. He then helped me navigate the car out of the lot and down an icy alley to a main street.
In the course of our two snowy days, I saw him provide this same kind of service for other guests, including gathering a small group of (fortunately large) male guests to help dig and push another guest's car with exceptionally bad traction out of that same parking lot.
This is the kind of personal attention and service that comes from owner-operators who truly care about their guests as individuals, not simply as names or reservation numbers on a list. At this point, my wife and I would never dream of staying anywhere else when visiting Prescott, and we will take every opportunity to recommend the Hotel Vendome to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Arizona
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Loved the Hotel Vendome - nice vintage touches in the rooms. The lobby was picturesque, the breakfast was great and our host even helped us dig out of several inches of snow in the morning! Great value, friendly atmosphere, perfect location - we will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Northwood, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 12, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hotel Vendome for a few nights with our three children (6, 3, and 6 months) during a family vacation. We found the suite to be very comfortable and clean. The charm of the historical building was perfect for anyone who is looking for a more than just a cookie cutter hotel experience. The staff was extremely accommodating lending us a portable crib and guiding us to local attractions. We enjoyed being so close to the town center, restaurants and shops. The front lobby and porch were perfect places for relaxation as we ate breakfast or took a few minutes of down time. We would highly recommend a stay at the Vendome and will be going again as soon as possible.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I stayed here one night and it was a very good choice. Staff was very nice, the room was comfortable, Internet for free and the breakfast was served even after the time indicated. There is no real breakfast room, just a counter from where to grab things, but one can sit nicely on the patio. It is very well located, just downtown adn close to some really good restaurants. If I were to return to Prescott, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying during the month a October and in a newly renovated room. The upgrades and decor were fabulous! The bathtub option was unexpected and relaxing while the bed was the best rest I have had in months. The staff is incredible, helpful, always there to give you Prescott insider information and make your stay remarkable. Not to mention, the location is perfection. From the rocking chairs out front to the homemade coffee every morning, the lobby makes you feel like you are back at home with unmatched hospitality. They also have events during the week to give you an inexpensive option and outlet to meet new people. I can't say enough great things about Hotel Vendome. I can't wait to stay again when I travel to see Sedona!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Browntown, Virginia
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I have never been to Arizona before this visit. After a very long flight from the east coast, I was pleasantly surprised at the warm welcome I got when I arrived at The Vendome. I got a suite with a queen bed and in my bathroom I had a wonderful claw foot tub and very cool toilet that you flushed by pulling a chain! Talk about going back in time. The room was spotless. The best part however was the bed! I have had multiple back surgeries and was praying that the bed wouldn't make my back hurt....not at all!!! There was a nice spread down in the lobby (pastries,etc.) and very good coffee in the mornings. I had the best time on my little getaway. I met Stephanie and Eric Marichal who own the hotel, wonderful people.They suggested I check out nearby Sedona which is extremely scenic and a place to hike, picnic or for me, work on my amateur photography! Wonderful suggestion:) My only complaint is that I couldn't stay longer. Highly recommend anyone looking for a peaceful getaway with super friendly people to visit!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
san tan valley arizona
Reviewed October 27, 2010

from the moment i walked in the door i wanted to leave. we didn't because we where with a group of six. this hotel is a major dump. they are charging $144.90 per night (incl tax) for the 'experience'. its not classy or charming and the fact they are playing on this to just charge you more for the room. the sheets are old, the room is dirty, spider webs in our bathroom ceiling... no thanks! i didn't sleep a wink in this place and it wasn't because of the ghosts! what a freakin dump... spend your cash at the marriot, you won't regret it. i will never return to this overrated $50 MOTEL (not Hotel!)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank dawnmoone
VendomeHotelPrescott, Owner at Hotel Vendome, responded to this review, November 3, 2010
Potential guests,
Ouch! Since taking over earlier this year we have had 13 reviews and all were rated very good or excellent and then this, the inevitable “scathing review”. As much as we emphasize great customer service at our hotel after talking to this guest on the phone we decided to address a few aspects of her review and move on. Some people will never be satisfied and we just hope you the reviewer will take into consideration all our previous reviews and come check us out for yourself.
Where to start…well we may be biased but we feel “major dump” is a bit harsh and prefer “quaint historic hotel” ourselves. To address the cleanliness of our hotel let the reviews speak for themselves, 4 out of our last 5 reviews specifically mention our hotel as being either clean or very clean. We take a lot of pride in making sure our hotel is clean and comfortable for our guests. With that said the hotel is approaching 100 years old and is not perfect, we had a complete overhaul in the mid 80’s and are currently renovating the hotel again room by room. We obviously inspected this room carefully after the review and found it to be very clean (like all our rooms) and quite arachnid free. Currently the only spider webs in our hotel reside as Halloween decorations in our lobby. As far as the sheets are concerned we use a linen company like most hotels so they get delivered fresh and crisp every Tuesday. I also personally bought a comforter for this specific room in August so that is also new.
As far as our rates go a King room for $129 on a Saturday in October is on par with any competitor in downtown Prescott. Tax, which is 12.235% for lodging in Prescott is surely unavoidable. Our rates are based off our accommodations, location, and availability; there is no charge for the “experience” which we just hope you will enjoy for free. After speaking to this guest we recommend Super 8 in Prescott Valley for their next visit. They are clean, have a pool, $69 + tax on Saturday, and just a short 25 minute drive to downtown Prescott.
Thanks to all of you that took the time to read this lengthy response and hopefully more of our other reviews. We really do have a great hotel here and it is just going to get better.

All of us at Hotel Vendome
Eric, Steph, Dave, and Tiffany

P.S. A motel is an establishment that provides lodging for motorists in rooms usually having direct access to an open parking area and therefore by definition excludes the Hotel Vendome from such a classification.