“Too Noisy”

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Meridian, Idaho
“Too Noisy”
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Old hotel that was too noisy from inside, rather than the highway nearby. A/C runs all the time even when the temp setting is not reached. LOUD, LOUD, LOUD. On top of that the walls are really thin. And the old style door closing hinges cause the doors to slam and shake the whole floor. Couldn't tolerate a second night so checked out. Staff tried to help nd move us, but we didn't want to try another night.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed April 4, 2009

A business partner and I stayed at the Prescott Holiday Inn for two nights. Overall, we had a good experience.

This hotel is in very close proximity to Hwy 69 so I feared the traffic noise. I should have been more concerned over the interior noise. I would recommend that you bring ear plugs with you. My room, on the first floor, was not a quiet one. I could hear coughing, conversation, the tv and even the toilet flushing from the rooms around me. The traffic in the hallway also contributed to the noise level at all hours of the night. My partner stayed on the second floor and her room was no better. I was glad I remembered to bring my earplugs the first night.

On the other hand, the youthful staff was accommodating and friendly. One thing concerned me, though. My elderly partner came into the lobby struggling with a large box of material. Hotel staff passed her by with no offers of help.

Make time for the excellent breakfast buffet. We had bacon, sausage, eggs, several types of hot and cold cereal, juice, milk, coffee, tea, yogurt (Activia!) muffins, bread, bagels, and the aforementioned cinnamon rolls. These were amazing! Moist, tender, with real cinnamon flavor and and a tasty glaze. I know it might seem silly to carry on over a pastry but the quality of these was surprisingly fantastic. The breakfast area is roomy and has news piped in 24/7.

The rooms themselves are quite nice with comfy beds, clean bathrooms, wireless internet, and cable tv. A cute feature is the pillows. The Inn actually has them labeled "soft" and "firm." The architecture in the lobby is lovely. There is a waterfall feature behind the desk and several comfy chairs.

So, stay here if you want a great breakfast and don't forget the ear plugs.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Joeysdoll
Michigan
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Based on other reviews and on a previous stay at the Canon City, CO HIE the week before, we chose this hotel for a one-night stay. Again we were duly impressed. The check-in staff at 5:30 p.m. March 31 (Francisco and a young lady) were enormously accommodating and eager to make our stay satisfying. (Francisco made sure we had warm cookies during the "manager's reception" Monday night. The young lady made every attempt to place us in a "quiet" room (330), which turned out to be perfect. The room was very clean (even the faucets did not have water spots), the beds were wonderful (we wrote down the manufacturer to consider purchasing one for our home), and the little addition of a soap dish was noticed and appreciated. Breakfast included more yogurt selections than Canon City, which was nice. We are very much surprised on the quality of this hotel chain and will no doubt choose it again during our travels.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed January 28, 2009

I stayed one night in this hotel on a short business trip. This is the nicest Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed at, and probably the nicest limited-service hotel I've been to. Not only is the quality and condition very good, the service was very good, too.

I had to leave before 6 AM, so I didn't get to enjoy the hot breakfast, but I did get a banana and hot cinnamon roll to go. There was a manager's reception from 5 to 7 pm, and I had enough appetizers and wine to save me from buying dinner. HVAC and TV worked fine. Two computers at business center worked well, but the printer didn't work very well, according to the guy next to me.

I requested a room away from the highway, and slept great. The bed was very comfortable.

• Liked — Bed
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
San Jose, CA
Reviewed January 13, 2009

Great stay.

Very comfortable. Good breakfast and breakfast staff!!

We told the front desk we had to do laundry on our trip, and she got us close but not next to the laundry room. Worked out perfect without asking.

We stayed two nights. Slept good. Warm in the business center over the lobby.

Very well decorated walls in the indoor pool room. Has a sauna, but I didn't use. Would recommend a stay here whether passing thru, visiting friends, or business.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Mid-West
Reviewed October 21, 2008

The hotel sits right next to the busiest highway in Prescott. The hotel is about 30 feet away from the highway. I could not sleep at night with all the car noise and headlights. The hotel also sits right across the street from the fire station! Sirens from the firetrucks & ambulance leaving the fire station were heard all night. When I complained about it, the staff refused to move me and they refused to discount my room. They should warn people who are looking to book rooms at this Holiday Inn Express. They should tell them that the hotel sits right next to the highway and right next to the fire station.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank BusinessMan30
Indio, CA
Reviewed October 19, 2008

Great as can be expected at HIE. Staff was very helpful in all aspects. Location is terrific. Great walking areas, even if it's raining because it's within walking distance to an inside/outside mall.

The breakfast bar was a good as expected with HIE, and the room was large, well lit, and comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and large.

• Liked — Newness and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple