I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Prescott last week on Friday for business. I do a lot of traveling and have always stayed at Intercontinental brands so I can collect points so when I get time off I can use them for a few free night stays. :) I love that my points never expire, its great! Anyway, upon check in they were busy and there was a line of people waiting to check in with only one person behind the desk. Finally when I got to the front I asked the clerk why she was the only one checking people in. She stated the manager was there for backup but never came out to help. It was up to her to check in the guests, setup the 'managers' reception, and answer the phone while the manager just sat in her office and did nothing to help. Finally after almost a half an hour later I got checked in and went up to my room. They told me that this was a non-smoking hotel but as soon as I opened the door it smelt horrible. I have asthma and couldn't take it. I went down to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. The clerk went to the back and spoke to the manager but she refused to speak to me. What kind of manager is that!? It is her job to handle this! Thankfully the clerk was willing to move me with no problem. She was very professional. After returning late that night I spoke to the night person about setting up a wake up call and if he knew of any good places to visit while I was down here. He knew the area very well and was very courteous. I began to explain to him the problem I had when I was checking in and he apologized for the lack of professionalism from the manager. Never should a employee have to apologize for their manager. Never! I asked when she was going to be in again and the night clerk stated she doesn't have a set time that she arrives but normally gets here late morning. He asked if there was anything he could do to make my stay here better and just to joke around I said that he could let me into the pool and get me something to eat. Sure enough he did just that. Wish I could remember his name. The next morning I came down for breakfast and enjoyed a good meal. I really liked that they had a pancake machine! I have never seen one before. They had a good variety of food to choose from too. After breakfast I went to check out and asked if the manager was in. No surprise, she wasn't. I once again asked when she was going to be in and the morning clerk didn't have a answer for me. Not quite as professional as the other two but she was very nice and asked if she could help me. I told her all I wanted to do was speak to the manager about the smell of smoke in my original room but she just avoids me. The front desk people are the only reason I would ever even consider coming here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the site of the Award Winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel - Prescott, Arizona. We are just 96 miles north of Phoenix. We are conveniently located near the entrance to Prescott's Gateway Mall, Costco and Wal-Mart and only 4 miles from the Historic Courthouse & Downtown Square. For your health & comfort this Hotel is entirely Non-Smoking. Free T1 High-Speed Internet Access & Business Center is available for our guests! Also, each room comes equipped with an office desk & ergonomic chair to provide a comfortable work environment. We offer 76 spacious, completely remodeled rooms, that are clean & comfortable and are all accessible by interior corridors and an elevator. Feature Rooms/Mini-Suites are also available that provide 30% more additional space over a standard room. Also, all of our rooms come equipped with a refrigerator & microwave! Every morning indulge yourself with our free Expanded Continental Breakfast that is served in our relaxing great room between 6:00 am and 9:30 am. Sorry, No Pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Prescott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Prescott Hotel Prescott
- Holiday Inn Prescott
- Prescott Holiday Inn Express