“Pleasant staff, cramped room”

Holiday Inn Express Prescott
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Aside from the standard service and amenities associated with Holiday Inn Express facilities, our room was quite small, sink was tiny, tiny with no counter space and it was outside the toilet/tub room. There were not enough towel racks. Overhead sink light was adequate (often a problem, but not here). The desk staff were pleasant and helpful re dining ideas.

The worst problem was the very inadequate WIFI service. After spending a half hour composing an email message, I was unable to send it because I had been timed off the system....pretty strange and extremely annoying for a "free" service. I reported this the next morning, but the clerk didn't seem to know what to do about it. Anyway....BEWARE. Also, I tried several times to sign up for a bonus points offer, but could never get into the website despite using codes that had worked in another Priority Club site. I took care of this after returning home via a phone call and the person I spoke with entered the data for the points. However, this interaction took about 45 minutes.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Prescott, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

travelorWAstate,

Thank you for review, and feedback. I'm sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received, but pleased to see the staff was a highlight. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to have a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express two nights; the room was clean and quiet, and reasonably priced, but there was very little space to move around or put luggage. There were restaurants and a Trader Joe's that had just opened nearby. It was convenient, but cramped.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

The staff is very friendly and professional. The location is very good, halfway between Prescott and Prescott Valley and next to a very nice shopping mall. The rooms are very nicely sized with plenty of space and decently clean. Our room included a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. There is a nightly managers reception with chips/salsa, vegetable tray, lemonade and freshly baked cookies. The fitness center is a little small containing two treadmills and two elliptical/bikes; weights would have been nice. The pool area is excellent, there is a pool, hot tub, and a sauna, I have never seen a HI-Express with a sauna, it was very nice. Breakfast had more than I expected, eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits, pancake machine, fruit, yogurt, and cereals. The walls between rooms could use a little more insulation, I could hear noise in the next room. The wireless, complimentary high speed Internet is probably the very best I have experienced in a hotel, never a hiccup watching videos or radio, just wow.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Spotless rooms. Quiet. Best HI breakfast I have had. Friendly, efficient service and excellent housekeeping. Comfortable beds with good linens. Ten minutes to downtown and many dining and shopping options close by. Easy parking. Very reasonable price.

Room Tip: On front for quietest room.
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We drove from Mesa, Arizona to Banning, California, then to Prescott, Arizona, after getting repairs done on my car...after 12 hours on the road, and suffering a nasty head cold, I was wanting a nice, clean, warm, comfy room to sleep. I got what I wanted...the price was great, the room was very well appointed, and I didn't even mind that, as a smoker, there was no smoking room and I had to go outside. Josh at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful, and the breakfast was tasty tasty...better than cold cereal! This is a GREAT place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I drove from NC to AZ in 3 days, when I got here (had to come for work) I was tired of driving and decided to spend New Years here. The staff treated me like royalty and the room was up for it. Thanks!

Room Tip: Drive careful, Speed Cameras everywhere!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Stayed here 3 days with the family just after Christmas. The rooms are nice enough, not huge but adequate. Beds are standard. The staff was very pleasant. Breakfast was great and included yummy eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, warm cinnamon rolls even! Absolutely loved the indoor pool, spa, and sauna and it was so nice for the kids to be able to swim in the winter here! I would agree with the reviews commenting on the noise factor. Based on said reviews we asked for a 3rd floor room on the south side (non road side) of the building, and also left the fan of the ac unit on all night which provided a nice white noise. Even with all that we still heard some hallway traffic noise, but not enough to bug us. The only other complaint I would have is that the outlets in the room are difficult to get to or otherwise inconvenient for charging multiple electronic devices. Also, would have liked a flat screen. Overall we did enjoy our stay though and may stay again, depending on price.

• Stayed: December 2011