“Lovely, comfortable room”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Monterey
“Lovely, comfortable room”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We stayed at the Prescott Resort while helping our daughter to move to Prescott to to go to Prescott College. Though we don't gamble (a casino is directly next door), we decided to stay there because of the excellent rates and because we wanted a little vacation ourselves. We were very pleased with the room: the bed was beautiful and very comfortable, the room was spacious with extra seating area, the bathroom was large and beautiful and clean (and great water pressure for the shower). The decor is western and , though not my taste, it was fun! And the room service menu was diverse and the least expensive I have EVER seen room service meals! (we didn't end up getting any meals there, but they looked great on the menu!). The view from the hotel, overlooking Prescott Valley and out to Thumb Butte was spectacular - especially the morning we left when the sun was rising! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
TERRE HAUTE
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I needed a decently priced room in Prescott for multiple nights and found the Prescott Resort. The front desk staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful, they even gave me directions to a restaurant in town. My room was better than I had expected. The view was amazing, the beds were incredibly comfortable, the entire hotel was clean. After a long hike the jacuzzi was amazing. As two female travelers safety is always a concern, at the Resort I felt incredibly safe as did my traveling companion. Room service was great. I will be back to Prescott in November and look forward to returning to the Resort.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Indio, California
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I read previous reviews. Food was good. Room was nice. Elevators worked. Stayed in other hotels in the area for the past five years. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My family and I got a great deal last summer (July 2009) and stayed two nights at this hotel. We absolutely loved our stay- easy parking, simple check in, super comfy rooms with a great view of Prescott and a clean salt water pool. Based on this great stay, we decided to visit again this summer (July 2010) and what a difference a year made!

We arrived about 30 minutes before check in and were told to wait for our room to be finished being cleaned- no problem- we were there early. A half hour passes by and we go to check on the status of our room and are told that they no longer have that room available, but they can give us a king suite. I calmly pointed out that 3 adults can't sleep in one king bed and they told us that one of us could sleep on the sofa bed. Then a little less calmly I told them that I actually pulled it out to lounge on it last year and that it was very lumpy. Finally the front desk manager ended up giving us 2 king suites for the price of one- this was a fair concession since we had booked about four months in advance, but it was still a major inconvenience for our family. This was a stressful start to our vacation at a place that calls itself a "resort."

By the next day, we were pretty much over the terrible check-in. We had a lovely day in Prescott and returned to the hotel for a dip in the pool and soak in the hot tub around 8pm. We were dismayed to discover that one of the hotel's two elevators was not working and there were probably 25 people ahead of us in line to use the working one. One load goes up and the empty elevator comes down. The next load gets in and is squished like sardines. Then we wait...and wait...and wait. Finally about 10 minutes later, the doors to the elevator open up and that same load of people emerge sweaty and looking panicked. They had been stuck and the two people at the front desk did nothing about it and by the way the front desk is no more than 15 feet from the elevators. I ran over to inform them what had happen and the lady at the front desk didn't care. I then asked where the stair were and she said "we don't have any stairs." and so I logically reply, "Ok...so do we all just burn up if there's a fire?" and she says, "well, there are stairs, but they're in the casino so only people 21 and over can use them." Lovely.

We won't be staying at this hotel again due to the unprofessional front desk staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
PrescottResort, General Manager at Prescott Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
Dear Gotitlikethat and Jackieblue66,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences at the Prescott Resort & Conference Center. Our dedicated staff and myself appreciate the feedback we receive from our customers, because it presents an opportunity to recognize what went well and improve upon what did not. It is apparent that we fell short to your expectations and I apologize for that.

Should our travel plans find you returning to Prescott in the future, I do hope you will consider our property. I am committed to ensuring that your next stay with us is nothing short of spectacular. My personal mobile telephone is (602) 332 - 5131. At your convenience, please feel free to contact me directly, and I would welcome being of assistance in your reservation.

Steve Bracety,
Lakewood, California
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We drove seven hours to get to the resort. When we arrived we were told by a young man that our room was not ready and housekeeping was behind. We were told to wait about 1/2 hour. We waited in the lobby for about 20 minutes when we noticed other people getting into their rooms. We went to the front desk and asked if our room was ready. We were told that the queen suite that we booked was not available. We gave our reservation number, told them that we had booked the room 4 months ago. The front desk woman stared at us and did not know what to do. We asked how can you give a room away that is reserved, the woman stared at us. She called a manager and he said that sometimes the computer overbooks. This was the same man that had told me 20 minutes before that the room was being cleaned, he did not remember saying that! He confirmed that having a reservation did not garuntee a room would be available. We ended up with 2 rooms, with our family split up and a stupid stressful way to start a vacation. The next evening, we were in the lobby waiting for the elevator, one elevator had yellow caution tape on it. We waited with about 15 adults and children for the elevator to arrive. I asked the woman at the front desk if there was any stairs, she never looked up from her computer and said NO, (this was a different woman).Someone asked if that was legal in case of a fire. Finally the elevator arrived with people grateful to be safe because the elevator had been stuck. Again, the woman at the front desk was asked if there were stairs, she never looked up and said,"in the casino". She never gave directions or helped anyone that had been stuck. Wow, they need to really get some people with brains and common sense for the front desk, they were horrible. The only decent staff were the girls working in Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jackieblue66
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We stayed here July, 2009 and were very happy with this hotel. But I decided that should try another this year. After reading all the good reviews for another hotel, I booked it. We were so disgusted, that I called this hotel and spoke to ricardo, who immediately found us a great suite with a great view. We left the first hotel and headed immediately over. We are planning two more trips to Prescott while our son finishes school here. We will not choose any other hotel but this one. If you haven't stayed here, give it a try. Breakfast is not part of the deal.

• Stayed July 2010
Tucson
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We found this online and couldn't believe the price offered (less than $100/night) so we booked a room. We actually were given a suite with two rooms that was very comfortable. We were there during Christmas and I would suggest that anyone go at that time. The hotel has the largest gingerbread house in the world in their lobby. There is also a casino connected to the hotel. The food was a little pricey but we were usually walking around downtown and at at restaurants. The town itself is completely decorated by the volunteer residents and it is beautiful. Prescott is know as "Everybody's Hometown" and it sure has that feel to it. I highly recommend this hotel and the town itself.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple