“NICE PLACE!”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Phoenix, AZ
“NICE PLACE!”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

I stayed here with some family that was visiting from England that wanted to see Sedona and Prescott. After looking at different places in the surrounding areas I was surprised to see the promotional rates of just under a $100 for this place. I ended up booking a queen suite and king deluxe. They were both very nice. If you are traveling with children I would recommend that you pay the extra for the suite as it has a little more room and it comes with 2 flat screen TVs in it. The king deluxe (standard room) is very nice too and it has a couch that pulls out into a bed if needed. One reviewer said the décor was dated. I think the place has a nice southwest look too it and the rooms looked great. Remember it is technically on the Yavapai Indian reservation so there is a lot of Native American paintings and sculptures throughout the lobby which are very nice. This place also has a lot of amenities including a decent indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub, gym, and an onsite casino for all you gamblers out there. Don’t start thinking Las Vegas, but it’s not bad if you want to pop down and try your luck. I would like to add that it is mostly slot machines, but they had a card room with blackjack and poker upstairs when I was there. Once again it’s no Vegas, but if you want Vegas go there. I think this is a very nice place to stay and if a reviewer had a problem with it they either had a bad service experience or are just a high maintenance individual that should probably pay more to have their butt kissed elsewhere. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Tucson
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Our softball team stayed in this hotel over the summer. The rooms were clean and the views were awesome. We all had a great time in the casino as well. The staff in the restaraunt needs to be a little more cooperative and accomodating but overall we all enjoyed our stay for the weekend.

• Stayed July 2009
Litchfield Park, AZ
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I just spent Labor Day weekend with my wife, 2 kids, and her parents and sister. We had a king and queen suite for the entire family. I was able to call the night before so that they could arrange for the rooms to be connecting.

Rooms itself were great and very large. The bedroom has a 27" flat screen TV, clock radio with ipod connection, free high speed internet, a safe, an armoire in addition to ample drawer space, and a work desk. There is also an ample balcony with views of the surrounding Prescott Area such as Thumb Butte. Bathrooms were clean, tubs and toilet were standard ones. There is a separate living area with another armoire housing a refrigerator, a full size faux leather sofa bed, a cafe style table with 2 chairs, and another smaller (19"?) flat screen TV. Housekeeping services were a little lacking. The cleaning crew knocked on our rooms at 8:30am, they were told to come back later but never did. They were fairly quick when we asked for more pillows and sheets for the sofa bed.

The resort offers lots of amenities for a fairly small hotel in a very small town. I doubt there is any other hotel in Prescott that offers the same. There is a restaurant, bar and lounge, spa, business center, conference rooms / ballrooms with beautiful western paintings and decor. The pool is small, but it is a heated, semi-indoor pool with views of the outdoor scenery. It is also saltwater pool rather than chlorine. There is an adjacent jacuzzi. For the gambling crown, there is small casino directly adjacent to the hotel with about 5-6 game tables and penny to dollar slots. This was pretty busy even at midnight. Parking is free. Though sometimes hard to find a free space, I seemed to always get one very close to the hotel.

Affordable room service is provided for lunch, breakfast, and dinners. Breakfast can be had as long as it is ordered the night before by 3am. We ordered one room's meal for 8:00am and received it by 7:50. The other room were late sleepers and we ordered breakfast for 9:00am but did not receive it until 10:00am. Staff were very apologetic and at check out I noticed I was not even charged for the meal.

Overall, we enjoyed our weekend at the resort. It definitely has a four star feel to it at three star prices. If the service were a little more disciplined, this would be the perfect place to stay in the future, though it is likely already the premier place to stay at in Prescott.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
New Mexico
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We enjoyed the size and decor of the rooms...beds also are very nice and comfy...

breakfast and room service food are awful.....suprising for this hotel....

breakfast restaurant staff also need some polishing, and tips on how to
take care of their customers.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
PrescottResort, General Manager at Prescott Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 9, 2009
Dear Barbie New Mexico,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Prescott Resort. While we to hear about the positives, we also appreciate the comments mentioning areas for improvement.

I have share your comments pertaining to the restaurant service staff, and rest assured corrective measures are in place.

Should your travel plans find you returning to Prescott in the near future, I wish for you to consider our property. It would be my pleasures to personally welcome you back.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed April 11, 2009

I stayed at the Prescott Resort for one night while working in Prescott. I cannot speak on pricing or value, as my hotel room was paid for by my employer. I can speak on quality. My room was exceedingly spacious, containing an entry room (with its own TV and refrigerator) and a large bedroom (with another TV). Everything looked recently-updated and clean and there was free wireless internet (a big plus!). The staff and the front desk was helpful and friendly. I did lose a little bit of money in the casino attached to the hotel, but that certainly wasn't their fault...I need a refresher on blackjack strategy! I highly recommend the Prescott Resort.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
PrescottResort, General Manager at Prescott Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2009
Dear Magic Tony,

Quality is what we take pride in at the Prescott Resort and Conference Center. I was very happy to learn that our guestroom product and front desk staff exceeded your expectations.

Should your travel schedule find you returning to Prescott in the near future, please stop by my office to say hello. It would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back to the Prescott Resort.

From WA in UT
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Stayed in a suite-separate bedroom. Apparently all rooms are recently renovated and nicely furnished. Very clean.

Staff was very friendly from check-in and thereafter. Made good recommendations for dining in town. Had breakfast at the Resort and it was very pleasant, moderate in price, and had great view of area.

Casino is in a separate building, and if you're not interested, you would hardly know it's there.

If we return, we'd stay there again.

Paul

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
PrescottResort, General Manager at Prescott Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2009
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your comments about the Prescott Resort. I was very happy to learn that our guest room product was "very clean" and the staff was "very friendly from check-in and thereafter". Your comments have been shared with my staff!

All of our 160 guestrooms have been renovated within the last year as well as our lobby and meeting space.

Paul should your travel plans find you returning to the Prescott Resort, feel free to stop by my office and say hello. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back!

napa ca
Reviewed January 6, 2009

This is a lovely hotel on a high hill overlooking Prescott. The rooms were the best we ever have had for the money. Large bedroom plus a separate suite w/sofa. Very beautifully decorated, comfortable beds, super views from balcony.There is a casino but it is quite separate from the hotel. Lobby is lovely. Only slight negative is the staff ,tho friendly, were not as well trained as we expected. It was impossible to get a snack in the bar! We had to walk to the dining room, order it then take it back to the bar/lounge. Check in was a little laborious. But, the room was worth these inconveniences.

• Liked — The room, views, lobby, pool area
  • Disliked — service in restaurants/lounge and check in
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
PrescottResort, General Manager at Prescott Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2009
Thank you for sharing your comments. We truly appreciated all the great comments about our property. Many of customers, like yourself, love to visit our resort and enjoy our newly renovated guestrooms and the views of our City and Thumb Butte Mountain.

The comments pertaining to our staff was also very helpful. While I was happy to learn we were friendly; continuous training is always important. Your comments have been shared with our department leaders, rest assured improvement will occur.

Should your travel plans find you returing to Prescott in the near future, I hope you will consider our property. It would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back to our resort.