“Great rooms, locations, and amenities at a good price”

Prescott Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I just spent Labor Day weekend with my wife, 2 kids, and her parents and sister. We had a king and queen suite for the entire family. I was able to call the night before so that they could arrange for the rooms to be connecting.

Rooms itself were great and very large. The bedroom has a 27" flat screen TV, clock radio with ipod connection, free high speed internet, a safe, an armoire in addition to ample drawer space, and a work desk. There is also an ample balcony with views of the surrounding Prescott Area such as Thumb Butte. Bathrooms were clean, tubs and toilet were standard ones. There is a separate living area with another armoire housing a refrigerator, a full size faux leather sofa bed, a cafe style table with 2 chairs, and another smaller (19"?) flat screen TV. Housekeeping services were a little lacking. The cleaning crew knocked on our rooms at 8:30am, they were told to come back later but never did. They were fairly quick when we asked for more pillows and sheets for the sofa bed.

The resort offers lots of amenities for a fairly small hotel in a very small town. I doubt there is any other hotel in Prescott that offers the same. There is a restaurant, bar and lounge, spa, business center, conference rooms / ballrooms with beautiful western paintings and decor. The pool is small, but it is a heated, semi-indoor pool with views of the outdoor scenery. It is also saltwater pool rather than chlorine. There is an adjacent jacuzzi. For the gambling crown, there is small casino directly adjacent to the hotel with about 5-6 game tables and penny to dollar slots. This was pretty busy even at midnight. Parking is free. Though sometimes hard to find a free space, I seemed to always get one very close to the hotel.

Affordable room service is provided for lunch, breakfast, and dinners. Breakfast can be had as long as it is ordered the night before by 3am. We ordered one room's meal for 8:00am and received it by 7:50. The other room were late sleepers and we ordered breakfast for 9:00am but did not receive it until 10:00am. Staff were very apologetic and at check out I noticed I was not even charged for the meal.

Overall, we enjoyed our weekend at the resort. It definitely has a four star feel to it at three star prices. If the service were a little more disciplined, this would be the perfect place to stay in the future, though it is likely already the premier place to stay at in Prescott.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed August 17, 2009

We enjoyed the size and decor of the rooms...beds also are very nice and comfy...

breakfast and room service food are awful.....suprising for this hotel....

breakfast restaurant staff also need some polishing, and tips on how to
take care of their customers.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
PrescottResort, General Manager at Prescott Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2009

Dear Barbie New Mexico,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Prescott Resort. While we to hear about the positives, we also appreciate the comments mentioning areas for improvement.

I have share your comments pertaining to the restaurant service staff, and rest assured corrective measures are in place.

Should your travel plans find you returning to Prescott in the near future, I wish for you to consider our property. It would be my pleasures to personally welcome you back.

Reviewed April 11, 2009

I stayed at the Prescott Resort for one night while working in Prescott. I cannot speak on pricing or value, as my hotel room was paid for by my employer. I can speak on quality. My room was exceedingly spacious, containing an entry room (with its own TV and refrigerator) and a large bedroom (with another TV). Everything looked recently-updated and clean and there was free wireless internet (a big plus!). The staff and the front desk was helpful and friendly. I did lose a little bit of money in the casino attached to the hotel, but that certainly wasn't their fault...I need a refresher on blackjack strategy! I highly recommend the Prescott Resort.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
PrescottResort, General Manager at Prescott Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2009

Dear Magic Tony,

Quality is what we take pride in at the Prescott Resort and Conference Center. I was very happy to learn that our guestroom product and front desk staff exceeded your expectations.

Should your travel schedule find you returning to Prescott in the near future, please stop by my office to say hello. It would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back to the Prescott Resort.

Reviewed March 31, 2009

Stayed in a suite-separate bedroom. Apparently all rooms are recently renovated and nicely furnished. Very clean.

Staff was very friendly from check-in and thereafter. Made good recommendations for dining in town. Had breakfast at the Resort and it was very pleasant, moderate in price, and had great view of area.

Casino is in a separate building, and if you're not interested, you would hardly know it's there.

If we return, we'd stay there again.

Paul

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
PrescottResort, General Manager at Prescott Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2009

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your comments about the Prescott Resort. I was very happy to learn that our guest room product was "very clean" and the staff was "very friendly from check-in and thereafter". Your comments have been shared with my staff!

All of our 160 guestrooms have been renovated within the last year as well as our lobby and meeting space.

Paul should your travel plans find you returning to the Prescott Resort, feel free to stop by my office and say hello. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back!

Reviewed January 6, 2009

This is a lovely hotel on a high hill overlooking Prescott. The rooms were the best we ever have had for the money. Large bedroom plus a separate suite w/sofa. Very beautifully decorated, comfortable beds, super views from balcony.There is a casino but it is quite separate from the hotel. Lobby is lovely. Only slight negative is the staff ,tho friendly, were not as well trained as we expected. It was impossible to get a snack in the bar! We had to walk to the dining room, order it then take it back to the bar/lounge. Check in was a little laborious. But, the room was worth these inconveniences.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
PrescottResort, General Manager at Prescott Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2009

Thank you for sharing your comments. We truly appreciated all the great comments about our property. Many of customers, like yourself, love to visit our resort and enjoy our newly renovated guestrooms and the views of our City and Thumb Butte Mountain.

The comments pertaining to our staff was also very helpful. While I was happy to learn we were friendly; continuous training is always important. Your comments have been shared with our department leaders, rest assured improvement will occur.

Should your travel plans find you returing to Prescott in the near future, I hope you will consider our property. It would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back to our resort.

Reviewed December 31, 2008

I decided to book a reservation at the Prescott Resort & Conference Center via hotels.com based on the positive reviews. I was aware of the 48 hr. cancellation policy, however I didn't see a problem.

On the day of my travel/arrival plans, I missed my original flight. Put on the "standby list" for the next flight but it was overbooked. Turned out all the flights to Phoenix that day were well overbooked and chances of getting there via standby were nill.

Since I couldn't get out of town, I went home and cancelled my reservation with the hotel. I was told that I would be charged for the first night and that any resolution would be between hotels.com and the hotel management. I called hotels.com and they tried to get the fee waived due to the fact that circumstances beyond my control prevented me from getting there. The Prescott Resort & Conference Center management were firm and would not give a refund.

I totally understand having a cancellation policy, however this place goes way beyond the normal same day notification window by insisting 48 hour notification. And since it is during the holiday season, I don't expect they will have any trouble re-booking the room.

I'm sure it's a nice place and lives up to all the reviews, however, due to this cancellation policy, I will never, ever, recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2008

If you are looking for a great affordable hotel in Prescott area, this is the one. Great renovated rooms with beautiful views. The hotel interior is beautiful, with a cozy, mountain feeling. The only recommendation - if you are going on a busy weekend plan not to check in early. When we arrived there it was Sunday and they were not able to accommodate our request to check in early (check out time is noon and they did not have any rooms ready for us until 3:00 pm). But, early check-ins are not included in your rate anyway...Customer service might need some improvement since there are 3-4 teenagers working at the front desk and they were not overly nice. Still, I'm giving this hotel the highest rating since these are just minor things. Prescott is a charming town with very friendly residents. Go to Prescott Coffee Roasters on Gurley and Granite Creek for your morning coffee or tea and pastries. Unique atmosphere, feels like home. Great coffee and muffins!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
PrescottResort, General Manager at Prescott Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2008

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Prescott Resort & Conference Center. I really enjoyed your photography.

While I appreciated your lovely comments pertaining to our facility; I was disppointed in learning that our front desk staff did not exceed your expectations. Rest assured, corrective measures are in place.

Should your travel plans find you returning to Prescott in the near future, please feel free to contact me direct. It would be my pleasure to personally assist with your reservation needs.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,