“Incredible view!”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
phoenix, az
“Incredible view!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Prescott Resort & Conference Center sits high above the surrounding Prescott city area. It affords an almost 360 degree view. The rooms are nicely appointed and decorated. It located adjacent Buckey's Casino. The Casino offers a nice choice of slots, blackjack and poker. Mid week is kind of slow but things pick up on the weekend.
The coffee shop is located in the lobby but hours are limited and confusing. Staff is slow to respond to requests. Our room wasn't made up by 4:00 pm and we told them to forget it. However, they staff was outside our room at 7:30 the next morning, anxiously waiting for us to check out.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room that looks out at the air handler units.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank janeycat48

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at Prescott Resort because this was supposed to be the best hotel in town. We complained about how uncomfortably warm the room was during the night and an electrician was sent the next morning. This happened both nights we stayed there. During the day the room was pleasant. My husband is a controls engineer and after checking the thermastat determined that there was no way we could lower the temperature to our desired level no matter where we set the thermastat. The room temperature guage never went below 74 degrees at night, however, the room was probably much warmer. Those were two sleepless nights.
Upon check in we asked if there was a resort fee or other charges not listed. We were told they had none. Given this is on Indian land we knew they can't collect federal/state tax on rooms. Upon check out we were charged an additional 11% for what was said "to be like room and tax." ... This was a hidden charge just to up the room rate. The attitude of the front desk leaves a lot to be desired.
We were surprised to find that even though the Prescott Resort is set up like a traditional hotel (vs. motel) they don't have luggage service. It's serve yourself with a cart.
On the plus side the rooms are quite large and in a suite style with sitting room at the entry. We were given a room with a nice view on the 8th floor. The coffee shop makes a nice breakfast but a little pricey for Prescott.
The furniture is showing wear but very acceptable. The room colors and furniture are in shades of dark brown and sand/gold and quite frankly I found it a bit depressing and I like earth tones.

This is our second trip to Prescott. Last time we stayed at the Marriott near Whiskey Row and I wrote rave reviews. I understand they are refurbishing the guest room that are also set up as two room suites. Suggest you investigate the Marriott before making a hotel reservation. They have a fantastic all inclusive breakfast and a terriific staff.

the view from our room was very nice

Room Tip: Good views on higher floors but the cooling system may be better on lower floors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen W
PrescottResort, General Manager at Prescott Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Prescott Resort & Conference Center. Through candid comments from our customers we are able to measure how we are performing. While I appreciate the positives you have shared, it is the areas in need of improvement that is most concerning to me. My Chief Engineer and I inspected your room and have isolated and repaired the problem with that air conditioning unit. Although it has been corrected for future guests, I do apologize for the inconvenience it caused. Our Yavapai Tribe's Privilege Surcharge tax is 10.85%. The tax is mandatory and goes to support our local Tribal infrastructure. For comparison, the local area's City and Bed Tax combined is 11.33%. I apologize for that not being explained at time of arrival.

I would welcome an opportunity to apologize to you more personally and further discuss the concerns you had. My direct telephone line is (928) 445 - 8154.

Steve Bracety
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Something is going on here, not good. My wife and I both noticed that the staff seems "off", scowly and gloomy. When I asked for a checkout extension because I was at an on conference property, I was told by the front desk staff that they had been directed not to grant late checkouts any longer. When I explained the situation to her, she was happy to do it, but looked like she was going to get in trouble for it. When I got my bill, it had an incorrect room service charge on it to the tune of $50. When I called the front desk and asked them to correct it, I was told she would research it and ask if she could get it taken care of. When I asked if she could send up a corrected bill, the answer was a long "ummmmmmmmm...maybe". Housecleaning decided to skip us. When we needed towels and toilet paper for the room, the person that brought them up was clearly annoyed, maybe we were supposed to bring our own.

I stayed at this property last year with my daughter, and had a nice time. There doesn't seem to have been much maintenance since then. Much of the ambience was missing. The facility is falling into disrepair. Ceiling tiles damaged, missing at the pool. Paint chipping, furniture getting dinged up, warped. Vent not working in the bathroom, outlet broken on desk. Garbage in room, windows dirty. Things that add up to a general lack of care.

To me, all signs point to problems with management. Either the staff is unhappy and stifled and needs to be empowered to provide hospitality, or there are some real problems with hiring. This was a disappointing turnaround from my stay last summer and they would really need to do something to get me to stay again.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Michael W
arizona
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. We had a few issues which I will not elaborate on only because the staff was VERY quickly to respond and even compensated us so on our bill. The pool is well maintained and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Just as another reviewer has said due to the casino the dinner/evening hours parking can be an issue. However, we loved it and will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Every room has a balcony and rooms on the opposite side of the parking lot overlook the city. Bette...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Room was spacious, clean, and nice layout. The hotel also has a casino.
I had time to use indoor pool and workout room. I enjoyed the spacious feel of the entire resort. We came here for a wedding, so we stay an extra day and had a mini vacation. If we come to Prescott again, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 5th floor, the view was awesome.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bethpage, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spacious, clean, artistic decor.
Friendly staff.
Be aware that this is also a casino and conference center. While there was no conference occurring during our stay, there can be difficulty finding a parking spot during the day-evening due to casino patrons' traffic who are non-hotel guests.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the "rear" have good views. If facing the front, the upper floors are better...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ken_O59
Prescott
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Went to the Resort on Friday night to have a drink and some apps in the bar. We walked in the front door and walked right by 2 employees who were leaning on a wall and who we later learned was the bartender and her manager. We sat in the completely empty bar for ten minutes and never saw a bartender or another employee. We got up to leave and as we passed by the same two employees that we passed the first time, we asked if the bar was even open. "Oh yeah, I'm the bartender." Duh.

This is a beautiful resort on top of the hill that used to be a very busy bar. Now? Not so much. It's to bad because if anyone from the resort actually cared, it would probably a very popular spot for locals and visitors alike.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple