“The Best Place to Stay when visiting Prescott, AZ”

Prescott Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed June 18, 2012

After a beautiful drive from Phoenix, AZ to Prescott we drove up the long driveway to the hotel. This hotel is situated on top of a hill so the views from the parking lot alone are amazing! We entered the lobby which is very nicely decorated. The check in process was flawless. Our room was on the 5th floor and was a two room suite, with a small balcony. The living room had a sofa, t.v. table and chairs and and armoire. The sofa opened up to a double bed. That part of the room also had a nice size refrigerator The bathroom separated the living room from the main bedroom. I loved that the shower and toilet where in a separate area with a second door. There were double sinks, a coffee maker, a regular size hairdryer and several bath products to choose from. Above all, the bathroom was spotless. The main bedroom held a very, very comfortable king size bed, huge t.v., desk, a nice leather chair with a matching ottoman. The balcony was small but provided a beautiful view. The hotel has an indoor pool, workout room and spa. I didn't use these amenities but my husband checked them out and had nothing but nice things to say. The prices for the spa services where excellent. I used room service in the morning for breakfast and asked for it to come at 7:45. At 7:43, I heard a knock on my door! One of the things that impressed me the most, and I know this my seem very silly to most people, was the fact that they had flavored creamers for the coffee! Most hotels don't. After a great night's sleep we checked out, which again, was flawless. and drove home. My husband and I have decided that any time we find our selves in Prescott, we know where to stay!

Room Tip: The fifth floor has the best views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christine F

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed in this hotel after we fled away by another one. The reception was big and decorated with excellent paintings from a local artist. The lobby had a great down hill view too and a Starbucks coffee serving location. Our room was big, bed great with nice duvee blankets and had a magnificent big desk/writing table with good chair. It was clean and had a shower with a curved curtain. It lacked a free breakfast but on the other hand it gives you a 20 dollar coupon for the on site casino. The old casino down the hill can be visited as well with the free shuttle bus and there's a good breakfast restaurant. The hotel is beautifully located on top of a hill. Just loved the place and atmosphere.

Room Tip: Top floor for the best views
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dutchkathy
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We ended up staying in a suite that was just beautiful! The place is fairly new. The view out our window was pretty cool! We would definitely stay there again if we end up in Prescott!

Room Tip: They offered a special deal for during the week stay and got a suite at a great price.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This is a decent option that is about 2 minutes by car from the main square of Prescott. The check in/out was smooth. Our room was nice, but not as clean as I would have liked. There were items on the floor behind the desk area from some previous occupant that makes me wonder how "clean" the room is. Plus there is a good layer of dust on the top of the lights and picture frames, so it's not getting regular scrubbing. And the balcony had nests for birds, so sure that they never look out there.

View is nice. We were there for a family wedding so did not use the pool or the casino. No smoking in the main building (which was great), but saw smokers in the casino. Lots of activity in the hallways at night. Our room was next to the elevators and we had this weird noice like water through the pipes all the time and very loud. We turned on the AC to be able to sleep, even though it wasn't that hot out.

We were supposed be have a package delivered from the wedding party, but we had the DND on the door so didn't get it. Did not get a message about it either, which was truly disappointing to me. If I hadn't known about it from another family member, I would never have known that I needed to go ask for it.

Overall, OK hotel, but not as good as it could be.

Room Tip: Ask for something away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We really liked this hotel and casino. It was newly built and beautiful. The suite was spacious and the bed good. A/C worked well. We aren't real gamblers but did take our $20 promo money and lose it -- fast -- at the slots. We felt there was value for money in the suite we got. The restaurant offered deals that were pretty good. It was about 10 mns from downtown. We paid less than it would've cost at other "nice" places in the area. The hotel is run by the Yavapai Indian tribe. Non-smoking throughout, and not a lot of rowdies to worry about. No breakfast included.

Room Tip: Choose a 5th floor room for good views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Our son just graduated from Prescott College. We typically stayed at this resort (over the last four years) and always enjoyed their salt water indoor pool. We also always order a suite that overlooks Granite Mountain. The room was the same as all previous years, as was the hotel - Except: The rugs in our room were so dirty! I was wearing white socks and before putting on my shoes, looked down and saw the bottoms were all black. I wonder when the last time was that they vacuumed or cleaned the rug in our room? Made me really queasy. We enjoyed a daily swim. But - the very last day, we went swimming when the sun was shining in. I must say - another surprise - the water was loaded with floating pieces of whatever (skin?). It also made us think twice about this hotel. The cleaning staff were not friendly. They repeatedly forgot to put new soap/shampoo and lotion in our room. They also forgot a towel used on the bathroom floor after a shower. The water glasses were also not too clean. Our room keys didn't always work. We had to get new room keys at least 3 times during our week stay. We enjoyed drinks and light food fare in their bar area, but did not eat in their restaurant. We also did not go down to the casino (because last time we stopped in to see it, the cigarette smoke was so great, we all had to immediately shower).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Very clean and comfortable room. Bed was extremely comfortable. I stayed in a King Suite which was spacious, with a separate living/office area from the bedroom. The room also had a balcony with a great view of Prescott, even from only the 2nd floor.
I was there only for one night on business and participated in a conference the next day. The conference facilities and vatering were also nicely done.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side of the hotel for great views of Prescott and the surrounding scenery.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business