“Average Motel 6 amenities, but room exceptionally clean.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Prescott

Motel 6 Prescott
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Atlanta, Georgia
“Average Motel 6 amenities, but room exceptionally clean.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I often stay at Motel 6 when traveling for work, so I review them as compared to each other and to other budget hotels. If you want amenities, service, "free wifi" and ambiance do not stay at Motel 6. Dish out some cash if you want those things. Most Motel 6 charge 2.99 for 24 hours of wifi, this one does so.
I stayed here last year and stayed again because it is cheap and pet friendly. I stayed in an accessible room, so the bedroom was a little smaller but the bathroom was large and had a standard tub and shower, even a fold down seat. It was very very clean. The only problem I had with it was the cigarette smoke. I went back and asked the desk clerk if it was supposed to be a non-smoking room and he said it was. I aired it out a little and the smell improved. I kept this room because it is just a few doors away from the checking desk, it was well- lit, and i could park right in front of my room. I travel alone and I like to be where I can feel the safest.
Other reviewers complained of the smoke, so this must be an on-going issue with this hotel. I sleep like a dead person, so I heard no noise, as usual. My bed was comfortable, I slept well, had a good shower, and moved on.

Room Tip: Accessible room has nice clean, large shower and tub. It is in the front of the hotel near the offi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank emomshart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Dirt Cheap and honestly the only hotel at a reasonable price for the weekend of whiskey row marathon. But holy cow, the double bed smoking room was the only one available and the next day we all felt as of we'd smoked a carton of cigarettes the night before the smell is horrendous. The only good thing is the shower but even the towels contained chucks of hair. The beds had to be lint rolled just to lay on.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Maria G

Travelers are raving about these Prescott hotels

Prescott, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is by far the worst motel I have ever stayed at!. I booked it thru booking.com, Please do not use booking .com or this motel,they are both refusing togive me my money back! Smells like smoke and sewer, the beds are so hard I think the floor would be more comfortable, there is no fridge,, which I asked for,and a non smoking room which I asked for. The man who I registered with was. Beyond rude,no free WiFi, this just sucks, and the room next door, while they are smoking weed.....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank victoria r
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Motel 6 is budget motel, I get that. What I also got was everything I expected - a very clean room - a handicapped bathroom (requested) that was SPOTLESS, a television with a remote control that actually worked and a fairly comfortable bed.
I was in Prescott for business and believe me, I did not feel bad about paying $80.00 LESS than those staying at the "Host" hotel.
I will definitely stay at this Motel 6 again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

First, to be clear, I've rated this Motel 6 within the context of budget motels ... and thus within that category it receives 5 stars, IMHO.

I've lodged here on two separate occasions. Both times, I was greeted by Andy. He's been in the business a long time, knows his stuff and was both accommodating and efficient during check-in. He even gave me a reduced rate during my weekday stays, which was most appreciated because I'm an unemployed person on a budget.
It might seem like a small thing to others but to me, it was a special touch that I'd remember and would make me want to come back.

And it did. The next time I needed lodgings, I returned directly to this Motel 6! As with the first visit, my room was clean, basic and comfortable. Since I'd been roughing it in primitive campsites, the bed was doubly luxurious and comfortable. And there's NOTHING like a good hot shower, as anyone who's roughed it can attest!

Wi-Fi and TV are also luxuries of civilization that work fine at this site!

The only downside is the traffic noise. And because I'm such the LIGHT sleeper (i.e., a mosquito in a room can wake me up - no joke!), normally street noise has me tossing and turning all night.

However, for some reason, it doesn't here. There's just a feel about this site that's homey and nice. (BTW, as a very seasoned budget traveler who has lodged at many Motel 6's, I can attest to the differences by location.)

I will always make Motel 6 in Prescott my top choice for the friendly staff and a front-desk guy who went an extra distance to accommodate me. It's those little service steps that I remember and keep me coming back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank A M
Ripon, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

All my wife and I ask for of a hotel when we travel are clean rooms, comfortable beds, pleasant shower and low rates. Of all the hotel rates in Prescott we searched, this was the lowest. This Motel 6 met all of our requirements.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Playthrough1
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The non-smoking room reeked so much of cigarettes I opted to stay outside in the RV and keep the dogs with me. The room was clean and basic like all Motel 6's, just really smelly. While I had a lovely, quiet night, my husband complained that it was really noisy. It would be nice if Motel 6 staff could verify if their "non-smoking" rooms stunk of cigarettes and then not put non-smokers in them. And maybe have areas for people who request quiet, and another for noisy ones?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple