“Very Pleased; TripAdvisor Comes Through Again!”

Heritage House Motel
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Los Angeles, CA
“Very Pleased; TripAdvisor Comes Through Again!”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I was very pleased with my experience at the Heritage House Motel, both with the accommodations and with the owners/staff. From my telephone conversations with Grace and David to make the reservation to the room itself, everything was beyond satisfactory and I feel that I received a very solid value for my money. My impressions concur with the previous reviews. This is an older independent property...small, family-owned and operated. They are the staff...desk, hospitality, housekeeping, maintenance. The motel sits slightly high off of a main drag in Prescott but the noise is minimal at night. You might catch more street noise if you sleep in past 10am but it never became a distraction. Rooms are spacious with ample room to move around in for two adults and maybe a couple of small children. My King-sized bed was huge, more than enough room for two to sleep comfortably. Although the reviews all allude to the cleanliness of the property & rooms, I was still impressed upon opening my door. No, there are no frills but everything I needed for my short stay in Prescott was there. Clean, comfortable room...clean bathroom & tub...working fridge and small microwave for my midnight popcorn snack...working television. Ice machine worked. Parking, while tight, wasn't as bad for me as some reviewers experienced. Only crit; I arrived late, past 10pm when the office closes, and although I appreciated that they made accommodations for my arrival by leaving the key for me I would have liked if the Wi-Fi password had been left in my envelope so I could have accessed the Internet before bed as usual. Next time I'll be sure to ask ahead that it be left with my key. For my needs, the Heritage House Motel more than took care of me at a very affordable price compared with the other properties in the area and I am very happy that I trusted my fellow reviewers and gave them a chance. Another plus; Heritage House is centrally located to whatever you might need in Prescott, from the older more quaint area to the eastern newer construction with the mall, shopping centers and restaurants. I plan to reserve there again next time I travel to Prescott. If you only need a clean, comfortable place to rest, shower and sleep don't hesitate to give this property your business.

Room Tip: Upstairs above the office and to the rear may be the quieter rooms in the property, farthest away fr...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank btx109

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel in the past and knew it to be well kept. It had obviously been recently renovated and everything was in excellent condition. The walls were free of marks or scratches, the room was spacious, and the wall-mounted air conditioner/heater was fairly new. There were no odd or foul odors. The other reviewers say clean because that's exactly what strikes you when you get into your room.
Everything is neat, fresh, crisp and clean. The building looks a little old from the outside, but I've stayed in higher-priced, national chain hotels that weren't nearly as nice as this place.
It doesn't have a sauna, or a workout room, or a business center. The office is tiny and the room keys are the old-fashioned kind - actual keys. What it does have are rooms that are in great condition. It's a family owned business, so they take pride in their operation and it shows. All the rooms open directly to the outside.

If there is one bad spot, it would have to be the parking. There aren't a lot of spaces and the main parking area on the back side of the hotel is rather cramped. Getting in and out is nearly impossible if you have a large vehicle like a HumV (I don't).

Personally, I think they are selling themselves short for the low prices they charge (less than the national budget hotels in the area). They could reasonably charge more, in my opinion (and upgrade their parking!).

You'll note that all the reviews of this location are superb. That's not an accident. A place that's as neat and clean as this one is a great relief to travelers. You can pay 3 or 4 times as much to stay in ritzier hotel, but that ritzier hotel won't be 3 or 4 times nicer than this one.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Vanessa_Nomad
Reviewed July 18, 2011

A small privately owned wonderfull place. Nothing fancy, but extremely clean and very comfortable bed. Close to Whiskey Row. Friendly and welcomed our little Shih Tzu. Will definately stay again.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank racegiel
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Not fancy but cozy! We stayed 4 nights .The room was extremly clean, the queen beds comfortable, sheets and bath towels always clean with fresh sent. The owners of this little motel were very friendly, always with a smile and giving us some good leads on what to do around Prescott. Will defenetly come back and stay here again.
very fond of this little motel and friendly staff
Vraiment sympa, merci beaucoup!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Valaisanne
Arizona
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Clean Rooms!!! Very friendly owners and staff. Have stayed there approx 6 times in the past year. Most reasonable place in the area. 5 walking blocks to the square. Nothing fancy but very comfortable and clean!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mozart1492
uk
Reviewed August 16, 2007

It was just the off chance that we found this lovely little motel.The owners were really nice people.And the sheets were very clean,along with the rest of the room.

Stayed May 2007