“Very Impressive. Good from start to check out”

SpringHill Suites Prescott
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Peterborough UK
“Very Impressive. Good from start to check out”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My first time with this particular brand and if this is the standard I may need to check them out more. My early check in was handles brilliantly, it was the most cheerful positive check in experience you could hope for - thank you. Nice rooms, slightly odd shape with bathroom just off the middle but made a nice desk area and small area for fridge and coffee + microwave. My only downside was the view to a total brick wall, but guess they cant help that.
Breakfast was superb and though I was late (Prescott's bars are legendary..!) I was offered items to be kept on even though they were tidying, another guest came down even later than me with most of the items cleared at that point and the amazing reception lade offered here hot items - impressive.
There are shops close by, the great town is just a few minutes walk to the centre and i'm not sure I would even think about anywhere else as and when I can re visit this charming town.

Room Tip: If it bothers you the one I had on the 2nd floor had a zero view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank theposh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Sierra Vista
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My children and I have stayed here over 19 times in the last 3 yrs. and we have always enjoyed it. We do miss the neat paintings that used to be in the pool area, but the new paint job is clean and brightens up the place. The entire staff has always been nice to me and my kids. We also miss Stephanie. I always recommend this hotel for numerous reasons. There are several restaraunts within walking distance, an Albertsons grocery right outside the parking lot. Also downtown is a perfect walk for me and the kids, or if I want to go for a run through the historical Whiskey Row. I love the whole area! Where else can you walk outside and step into a Starbucks and a Chipotle sharing the same bldg. across the pkg. lot!

Room Tip: They are all great rooms!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Arizona
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I am generally very forgiving when it comes to minor issues when travelling but this hotel has got some serious problems with housekeeping and maintenance. Our king size 'suite' with sofa bed was very akwardly laid out and narrow. The refrigerator cabinet did not properly fit the frig so you had to either pull it half way out of the cabinet and let it teeter unbalanced to open it or you had to push it back in the cabinet and try not to pinch your fingers because there was no clearance between the top of frig and moudling. When we arrived, we went to take a nap but the one sheet in the closet for the sofa bed had rust stains. Since we couldn't make up the sofa bed, the kids slept wrapped in the single blanket on the floor. My husband went down to get stuff from the car and made request #1 for more sheets and pillows.

Once we got up from napping (no sheets brought) my husband went for some ice, I was a little bummed because I ripped our ice bag and wanted to take ice to the relatives (who never make ice, different story). No problem, hubby says, I'll go fill up an extra grocery bag at the ice machine. He comes back instead with a nice ziploc bag full of ice and I asked 'where did you get that'? He says 'I walked into the supply room which was wide open and it's a complete mess in there, but I found this nice ziploc bag'. Ok fine. Then I notice after having laid on the bed that our comforter (loosely wrapped in sheets) had a small blood stain on it. I said to my husband, 'what do you think, kinda gross isn't it? I think I want a new comforter.' He agreed.

As we left with our bag of ice, my husband stopped at the desk (request #2) for sheets, pillows and now to change out our comforter for a clean one. We arrived back later in the evening and pleasantly surpised, the king bed was remade with the new comforter. But, oopps, no sheets or pillows for the sofabed. Trip #3, 'please. please may we have some sheets and pillows for our children'? Up comes hubby with sheets, sans pillows, (they are out of pillows) open up the sheets and voila! Oops,no, they are completely damp!

Back down! Request #4 for just dry sheets, or access to a dryer, anything! Up comes hubby this time with dry sheets. wheew! Ok, open up the sofabed! Hmm, the room is so narrow, if you don't move the TV , you cannot walk from the bedroom to the kitchen! Ok, rearrage furniture so we can scoot by the TV and around the sofabed to get to the frig cabinet that pinches your fingers, yey! Divide up the pillows and try to get some sleep.

Sleeping was not easy. Without enough pillows and a hard bed I was scrunching up the thin comforter and hugging it but then I was cold all night! I woke up around 4am and couldn't go back to sleep for quite some time but I eventually dosed off. When I got back up, I went to make some coffee. Thankfully I had rolled the chair right over and was sitting there waiting (I was trapped by the sofabed anyway) because I noticed that even though the coffee pot was brewing, nothing was coming into the carafe. Why? because the carafe was too small and didn't push up the dispenser. So I sat there and held it up so the coffee could drain down. Really?

Once everyone was up in the morning, we made a beeline to get ready and get out. We took the kids downstairs to get some cereal and sat in the lobby breakfast area. And then the parade started. Not only did we get our fill of oatmeal, but also nascar and john deer pajama pants! My kids started asking me 'it is pajama day today at this hotel?' 'No honey, it's not.' Then what comes strutting out? Robes! Mr. and Mrs. version...by the way. And wait, they looked well rested. That must be where my pillows went!

'Ok kids, time to go, everyone in the car'. As we pulled out of the driveway, my husband and I shook our heads and agreed it was the worst experience we have had in a long, long time. Then I sheepishly said to my husband, 'There was something else I didn't tell you....when we first checked in I walked along the side of the bed and there was something a little wet and squishy on the floor. It was either poop or a very dark chickpea. I threw it in the trash'. He just looked at me in disbelief....

And the worst part? It was my birthday!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank 14Surprise
MargoCh, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Prescott, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
I'd like to start by apologizing to you and your family, and thanking you for your feedback. We at SpringHill failed to live up to the high standard of guest service we pride ourselves in. I'm especially sorry that it occurred on your birthday. Making those days even more special for our guests are a focus of ours. We'd love for you to come back and hope you will accept a complimentary two night stay with us in the future. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Holli Dolan

Richard Canestro
Assistant General Manager
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed March 15, 2012

conveniently located to the downtown area. clean. well run. nice place.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights. The room was a suite-small kitchen area, sofabed with a rather large flat screen TV, two queen beds with a second, slightly smaller flat screen TV in front of them. The bathroom sink area is open to the room. Everything was clean and updated. The hotel is right next to a little strip mall with a grocery store and a couple of fast food restaurants. There is a nice breakfast in the lobby. Also, computers with a printer for printing boarding passes. Free WiFi and 4 different HBO channels.

The hotel is also just a couple of blocks away from Prescott's town square where there are lots of restaurants. We walked to Bill's for pizza one night. (Loved their pizza!). I recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Anne_CA47
Beach Lake, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed two nights while we attended a Prescott College Preview Weekend. The rooms were fairly clean, but the beds were uncomfortably hard. We loved the sheets and comforters, thought. The indoor pool is small as is the exercise room. Our first day's breakfast was okay with premolded scrambled eggs, sausage, a make your own waffle station, some fruit, muffins, bread, bagels, yogurt, juice and coffee. The second day was biscuits and sos as the main features along with the other side items. This was not good for me as I am gluten free, and was looking forward to a breakfast with protein before we hiked that morning. I overheard another woman talking about how they had to go elsewhere since the breakfast didn't work for her either. When I mentioned this to the woman at the front desk, she smiled, but I don't think she really cared for the feedback. I found this disappointing, as we've stayed in another SpringHill Suites and there was always something for me to eat. We probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor near the exit doors were a bit noisy.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Loved my stay while i was there. I was asking my girlfriend to marry me and the staff helped me out with a restaurant, location, and cookies (lol). I would recommend this place to anyone. The indoor pool is kinda cool too.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple