“Excellent accommodations with a fantastic staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Prescott

SpringHill Suites Prescott
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
New York City, New York
“Excellent accommodations with a fantastic staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

I stayed at the hotel as the Marriott is a supporter of the Prescott Film Festival, where my short film screened in competition. The room was very welcoming - spacious, clean and attractive. Ditto the lobby (nice fireplace!). The breakfast was great (waffle maker, eggs, cereal, fruit, etc). I loved that the hotel had coffee and tea available 24-7. The location was perfect as the festival venues were all within walking distance. Staff was super friendly; they went above and beyond. Next time I visit I'm using the pool! Great visit all around.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Olathe, Ks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel almost every week for the past three months. My career in sales forces me to travel weekly to different areas of the US, so I am always at a new hotel. I can say that the service I receive at this hotel is above and beyond what anyone could ever expect.
I have never stayed at a place where the staff is always smiling and really seems to be enjoying working with the guest.
I have even brought my family to stay with me at this hotel while on business. It is a great location with many attractions nearby.
I don't want to accuse myself of being a hotel snob but everyone who travels with me says that I am the worst they have ever seen. I expect a lot and I demand a lot from the staff. I have never once had any of my request turned down. Because of that I will never stay anywhere else when I am in this part of Arizona.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Peoria, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

Had a great stay for a couple of nights. This was my first stay at this location. Theresa at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Waffle breakfast was yummy and cookies in the afternoon. Great location that is within walking distance to courthouse square. Hotel offers a pass to a local gym at a discount rate. Beds were soft and comfortable. I already planned my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

We were very disappointed with our stay. The room was outdated and I would not exactly say dirty, but not really clean either. It was a very odd layout with the tv in between the bed and the couch. Also, there was a noise in the hallway ALL night long, like a door slamming shut again and again (from room 208). The location is perfect, but I would not stay here again.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

We go to Prescott a few times a year, and always stay here. It is the perfect comfortable spot. RIght in the heart of Prescott. You can walk to the Raven Cafe or any cool place there have drinks, dinner, walk around and your hotel is skip away.

Price is always right on. Book ahead, can go up about $30 on holidays.

They used to put a little bottle of water in the refrigerator but they stopped doing that and the soap products are pretty cheap. But the rooms are perfect, and quiet!

The breakfast thing is appreciated but usually go to St Micheal's for that. They have fresh baked cookies after 5 pm, but didn't see that last time. It can get packed down there and the people that take care of the breakfast get spanked. Staff all very nice and friendly.

Like the fireplace in the lobby with some hot tea. Rooms very comfortable. If going to Prescott, this is a great hotel to stay a night or two in!!

If I had one suggestion, it would be nice if they could offer a tad nicer bathroom acrutements. Ie, nicer soap, shampoo, and some lotion would be cool. But that's no big deal as I know what to expect;

Bottom Line: Marriot, As close to Historic Prescott as you can get, clean, quiet, and comfortable.

Ps Prescott around Halloween time is awesome. With the cool air and the small town feel you can really feel the spirit of the season. Drive around, see how cool the houses are decorated for Halloween.

Room Tip: Get room at high floor away from elevator for more quiet. Bring a couple bottles of water for refri...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

Eight girls were staying at SpringHill Suites Prescott for my bachelorette weekend. One of the girls brought her chihuahua with her. While we were out having fun at Whiskey Row, the dog started barking and disturbing the guests back at the hotel. One of the guests threatened to call the police. Belinda handled the situation with grace and professionalism. She called the dog's parent and left a message about the issue. In the meantime, she calmed the upset guest and calmed the dog so she quit barking. When the dog's parent got the message, she immediately returned to the hotel and was so grateful the situation hadn't escalated to the point of involving the police. We were all so happy with Belinda and her quick thinking. She helped us to continue our fun weekend!

Room Tip: We were able to adjoin rooms, which was very nice.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

Best: Located close to town square within walking distance, Albertson and small sandwhich shops nearby. The staff is friendly.
Room: we stayed at a room with king bed. The room is clean. TV is in the middle of sort of a walkway between the bedroom and living area that it is at an angle whichever direction you are watching the TV from even with the TV turned towards you. Sink and bathroom are seperated, but sink area has no door that people can see you brushing teeth, wash face/hands, etc. Bath towels are pretty thin (never seen such thin towels in a hotel) and look old. There is no body lotion provided, no glasses/paper cup on sink counter either. There are only 2 glasses in the kitchenette area. There is no safe in the room. The bed is very soft. All furniture look old and should be replaced.

One day we left the room after 1 pm and called front desk for room service, the reply is the cleaning crew is gone for the day already and can only provide fresh towels at this point. I have never heard of such in a hotel. We had to walk through a long hall way to get to the elevator. Another thing I'd like to mention is that the Do Not Disturb sign is so small that it is almost 1/3 of the normal sign you would see in a hotel. Not that this impacts our experience with our stay, but it feels like it shows the cheapness of the hotel compared to others.

As a Marriott hotel, I am very dispointed with it and will not come back again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple