“Great”

Best Western Prescottonian
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Great Overall. Located about less than a mile from downtown, better parking, prices compare well, good restaurant on site, rooms have always been clean and ready. I have stayed here 4 times and had a good experience each time. Staff is very friendly. The staff who prepare the breakfast are great. Best thing I can find on Gurley Street in Prescott. Hassayampa has less parking and is right in the middle of everything, Econo-Lodge is a dump, haven't stayed anywhere else on Gurley but I always come here for a reason. If coming on a summer weekend I suggest making reservations in advance.

Room Tip: Get behind the office/restaurant if possible. It's just my personal preference. I have stayed...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed August 1, 2014

It was a good trip and not having to worry about your hotel room is just one thing off the check list. The front desk was very helpful.The rooms are clean and the wifi works. There is a restaurant on the property that serve cocktails and good food, unfortunately you can't get a drink to take back to your room. There is a Circle K within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We always come back here when playing Senior Softball. Beds are VERY comfortable, really good breakfast, great service, and convenient to downtown for after softball. Did I mention it's a great value for the price!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this charming hotel, as it is beautifully and conveniently located, and the staff were all exceptionally helpful and courteous in directing us to the many delightful sightseeing attractions. We also enjoyed the full, hot breakfast each morning, and our room was very comfortable, clean and attractively appointed. We so look forward to returning to the Prescottonian and this charming area, and we wish to give a special thank you to Allen, Paul, and Deborah for making our visit so extra special!

Room Tip: Rooms in "Kings Row" have personal balconies and good views
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Worn out property. Our ground floor room sloped and I woke to find a cockroach on the bathroom floor which I reported to the front desk clerk who said as we booked through Hotels.com I'd have to contact them as he could do nothing! The room was dark, wall AC was noisy and the only plus was the location which is within walking distance of the city center. Breakfast was buffet style and ample.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor as it's parking entry but rooms are dark.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Debbie B, Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write the review of your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I'm sorry that these issues weren't resolved by the front desk staff, and I'd like to take a moment to address these issues individually.
A bug in the room? We'll definitely look into that... with the hot, humid weather during our monsoon season many hotels in the area have had problems with palmetto beetles , and we've been very diligent, have a very detailed inspection process, and have some of the cleanest rooms in town. Granted, our building might be a bit older, but we really do care about cleanliness.
While I do not know the specifics of your stay since you are anonymous on this site, your comment that the desk clerk stated " as we booked through Hotels.com I'd have to contact them as he could do nothing" leads me to believe that while he would have liked to issue you a discount or refund for your troubles, he could not because you had booked and prepaid using a third party site who in return pays us for a room. In that case if we issue a refund or discount, the credit goes to the third party site. We have no control over whether they pass that discount on to you.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. If you would like the opportunity to discuss this issue with me, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 928-445-3096.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The room was updated, but the AC was laboring to keep up and the tems didn't get above 85 the entire time we were there 2+ days. The plumbing was slow to drain (toilet and tub), the bed was wonderful and everything else was great. Staff was wonderful, very helpful and courteous. The restaurant on site is highly rated and serves good portions of delicious food. Drinks are very good as well. The breakfast eggs were only warm though the warmer said 160 degrees, flavor was good, also offered pastries, waffles, yogart, ceral for breakfast. It was clean and staffed kept it that way. Location of the motel is near the 89/69 junction so it's convenient to any part of Prescott or Prescott Valley to which you may wish to travel. Night life is about 1-2 miles west in Downtown. Motel is pet friendly with very reasonable terms and conditions. I paid $15 per pet (1) per night.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The rooms are large, clean, fridge, microwave, large flat screen TV with cable, and toiletries were supplied. Was right on the main road leading into town so it was a fast drive to wherever I wanted to go. There is a Mexican restaurant on premises but, I didn't use it. Pool and hot tub also.

It was the best value I could find as all rooms in a cooler location are high $ when the temp in Phoenix is above 109. All in all it was a good value.

Oh just about forgot they had a good buffet style breakfast included with room!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo