“Surprisingly large hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Az
“Surprisingly large hotel”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My mother and I went to Prescott to visit my sister (she now lives in a 1 bed apartment). I have passed by the Prescottonian many times when I went to Prescott and decided to stay there after reading some reviews on the Best Western site.

We stayed there 3/30/14 to 3/31/14. From the street level the hotel looks quite small, but once you get up on the hill you see how large it is with 309 rooms.

The room was quite large with 2 queen beds and comfortable sitting chair. A small microwave, a small refrig, and a coffee maker, flat screen TV. The beds were comfortable. I had a small problem adjusting the room temp. but a call to the friendly staff at the front desk gave me the instructions. The bathroom was clean with ample towels but the towels were a bit scratchy (could use a bit more fabric softener).

You get a buffet breakfast, scrambled eggs, 2 types of sausage, blueberry pancakes, make your own waffles, various cold cereals, muffins and sticky buns. Coffee and juice, there was hot water but I didn't see any tea, I could have just over looked it. The hotel also has a Mexican restaurant on site (I didn't try it instead I went into town for Italian).

The only negative AND the hotel really can't be faulted was at 2AM the occupants of the room next door came back from where ever quite drunk and loud. I got up at 2:15 to call the front desk but someone left and it got fairly quiet so I went back to bed. At 2:30 the noise got very loud so I got up again to call the front desk as I was dialing there was a knock on the door and some one called out Prescott Police. It was verrry quiet after that.
We met my sister (who is a civilian employee of the Prescott Police Dept.) for lunch who said 3 men were arrested for drunk and disorderly and a few other charges.

On check out the front desk person apologized for the disturbance and said they had no intention of renting to these people again.

Overall the next time I go to see my sister or just go to Prescott for the rodeo or some other event, I definitely will stay at the Prescottonian.

Room Tip: From what I could see any room is a good room.
2 Thank Wolf064
Debbie B, Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay at our property. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I do apologize for the noise caused by the guests in the room next to you. I believe that they had visited the bars along Whiskey Row and were enjoying themselves a bit too much. Our night auditor handled the problem as quickly as he could. Fortunately that sort of problem is rare here. I am sorry for any discomfort or inconvenience that it may have caused you.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Prescott.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Hotel is well located in Prescott, it was clean and all the furnishings were modern & comfortable. Seemed a bit understaffed, one guy doing everything and a little grumpy because of it. No one answered front desk when I had a question. Little things like tub not draining and not enough outlets in the room. No big deal, especially for the price. Free breakfast was well, free and that's all I can say about it. Not very tasty. But I would stay again because the clean and convenient is the most important to me, I basically just sleep and shower at a hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Kathryn C
Debbie B, Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the review of your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I have had our maintenance department check the tub in your room and they have resolved the problem with the drain. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast. We offer a wide variety of foods including sausage, eggs, waffles, hashbrowns, biscuits and gravy, and home-made cinnamon rolls. We strive to have a breakfast that will suit everybody's taste. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
frenchtown, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The service from each employee was great.Polite and caring.The breakfast is great.Hotel is clean.I would stay here again.Staff wanted to be sure everything was satisfactory when I came in contact with them.Truly they want their customers to be taken care of.

1 Thank Tonya B
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Best Western Prescottonian. Through your comments we are able to measure how we are performing. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.
Nevada
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Comfy King bed, larger room than most motels, everything nice and clean, updated ac/heating, peaceful sleep and a proper cooked breakfast awaiting ya thanks to cheerful Aaron. Overall a great place to stay and with easy access to the city center and all main routes. We'll be back!

Room Tip: In traditional motels (with outside corridors) the topmost floor is normally quieter cos no one clum...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank desertjoe
Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay at our property. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I will certainly pass your compliments on to Aaron our breakfast cook. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Prescott.
Princeton, Me, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is a motel that offers caring and personal care. I would recommend the Prescottonian Best Western for a great nights sleep on excellent beds and a great breakfast cooked just for you by their chef,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Gloria C
Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay at our property. Our guests frequently get to know our entire staff and accommodations and feel like they are at home. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

It was a great visit on several occassions The sstaff wer3 very good the restaurant had good food and staff for value I would like an indoor pool the outside pool was good in the summer but it was hot.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We went to Prescott without a plan, went in to see about availability. Staff was very friendly and helpful, gave us great advice about areas attractions and restaurants. Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great for a buffet, it had many very good choices.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Best Western Prescottonian. Through your comments we are able to measure how we are performing. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.