“Great service”

Best Western Prescottonian
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel is not expensive but I have the greatest breakfast experience. The service is very good and the food is delicious. The room is clean and spacious and wifi is fast! I am surprised to have this service with the low price.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located in the lovely city of Prescott, Arizona. The staff was friendly and helpful. Of special note is Aaron, the breakfast host. He goes out of his way to make sure the delicious breakfast is hot and presented well. I had the best cup of coffee in my life in his breakfast room. Rooms were large and it was very quiet for being so close to a busy street. They will soon be undertaking a large remodeling project. Our room did show signs of wear and the carpet was dirty, but the front desk host assured me that this will all be taken care of in the remodel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Debbie B, Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay at our property. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I will certainly pass your compliments on to Aaron our breakfast cook. He really appreciates hearing them. We have already started our renovation. The Front Desk area is just about finished ( we are still waiting on our window coverings to be delivered.) The furnishings and carpeting for the guest rooms has arrived and is currently being installed. We hope you will come and see our new look on your next trip to Prescott.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This Best Western is clean, neat and has a super breakfast. It is updating it's lobby and the desk personnel were great. The Mexican restaurant attached to the Best Western Prescottonian is also good.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I travel to Prescott for business every month or so and I always stay here when I do. The service is friendly and fast, and the rooms are clean. I choose this hotel because of its location - it is close to one of my offices and it has the added perk of being about a mile from the downtown Square which is awesome. This hotel does not have the historic charm of some of the other hotels in the downtown area, but if you are looking for a standard, clean, quality hotel room this is a great choice. The rooms are huge! I've stayed here 4-5 times and every one has been huge so I'm assuming all of them are. I really appreciate the microwave and mini fridge in every room since I'm usually by myself and bring take-out back to the room. The mexican restaurant attached to the hotel is awesome! I always order take-out there and would recommend it to anyone. Only things that I didn't like were the water pressure in the shower, it is typically pretty low pressure. And the lighting in the bathrooms is dim so it can make it difficult for me to put on my makeup in the morning. Currently the hotel is under renovation. There was some construction in the lobby area and the GM mentioned they are updating the rooms. I don't necessarily care about the cosmetic features of the hotel since I'm just here for business and am just looking for a clean, quiet hotel. The staff are always friendly and most of them remember me when I come back, especially the GM. And I can't forget - the complimentary hot breakfast is awesome!! It's one of the best hotel hot breakfasts I've had and it's always so clean - even the coffee bar. Standard rooms typically range around $90. Would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay here for my personal stays as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Debbie B, Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you, thank you! You certainly highlighted every special attribute we offer. From our large, clean rooms to our amazing associates; it was great to read that we get it right on most accounts. I do apologize about the problem with the water pressure, we hope to have it corrected very soon. We also are improving the lighting in the vanity area of our guest rooms. We have recently started a major remodel of our entire property. Everything from our lobby and breakfast room, to our guest rooms, exteriors and our parking lot are being completely renovated. Thank you for sharing with other travelers. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

It began with easy access from a busy street - helped by the arrow sign. Upon entering, we were greeted with a smile, a warm, "Welcome to the Prescottonian". The desk clerk, Jeff, helped me with a room location problem. He handled it easily and professionally. Our room was ready, warm, clean, and quiet.
The variety at the complimentary breakfast was excellent, the food properly prepared, and the room and tables kept spotless.
At checkout, Alan, one of the managers, took the time to explain a few of the local features we might be interested in seeing.
All in all, it was one of the most welcoming experiences we have enjoyed.

Room Tip: Ask about the 'back exit' if you are departing to the north; it saves crossing traffic that...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay at our property. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I will certainly pass your compliments on to Jeff, Allen and to Aaron our breakfast cook. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Prescott.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed at the Prescottonian several years ago, and it was quite nice. It's still okay, but it's needing a facelift. The restaurant on the premises (Mexican) is wonderful. The staff is friendly and helpful. The ice machine was out of order. The lighting in the bathroom was dim -- barely enough light for my husband to shave, and who knows what my makeup looked like!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Debbie B, Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Best Western Prescottonian. Through your comments we are able to measure how we are performing. While I appreciate the positives you have shared, it is the areas in need of improvement that are most concerning to me. My Chief Engineer and I inspected the ice machine and have repaired the problem with the unit. Although it has been corrected for future guests, I do apologize for the inconvenience it caused. On a brighter note, we have recently started a major remodel of our entire property. Everything from our lobby and breakfast room, to our guest rooms, exteriors and our parking lot are being completely renovated. We look to have the project completed by the spring of 2014. We hope you will come and see our new look on your next trip to Prescott.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Very nice hotel in the Prescott area. We have stayed at several downtown, and this is the best thus far. Often they have been really of poor quality and terrible maintenance, so this was a real positive for us.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Debbie B, Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of our property and for taking the time to describe your experience for other travelers. . We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit, every day for every guest. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts. We have recently started a major remodel of our entire property. Everything from our lobby and breakfast room, to our guest rooms, exteriors and our parking lot are being completely renovated. We look to have the project completed by the spring of 2014. We hope you will come and see our new look on your next trip to Prescott.