“Acceptable hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Blue Hill, Maine
“Acceptable hotel”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

It's okay, but as someone else pointed out, the hotel itself presents a drab front to the world as it drives by, and it doesn't get any better when you check in. Our room was large, and clean, but oh-so-outdated right down to the old TV with bad reception. Odd smell when we checked in, and a dark room. The front desk was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was really outstanding, compared to what many hotels offer. They outdid themselves there. All in all, it fit our needs and we were only there a night, so it was okay. Traffic noises were bad, however! It felt like they were right outside our door and that there was no insulation. Would I choose to go back? No.

Room Tip: Away from the road!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
alogan334, Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Thank for staying with us here at the Best Western Prescottonian. I want to apologize for not meeting some of your standards. I will admit that our TV's are old and some of the decor slightly outdated. We have plans in 2012 for some renovations which include flat panel televisions in all guest rooms.
Our property also has 4 separate buildings with guest rooms and two of which do not face Hwy 69. These tend to be our quieter buildings but not always our most requested.

We would love to have you back at the Prescottonian and given another opportunity to give a better impression. Feel free to contact me directly with any other information or concerns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We have stayed here a few times. This time, midwinter, our first room had a baseboard heater that moved the temp from 65 to 66 after more than an hour. Moved to a room that blew Luke cool air but did warm the room....ended up to much. Hard to control.
Good breakfast. Some front desk folks friendly, others not so nice.
Ok for cheap stay, but not if you are picky!

• Stayed December 2011
I would like to start by saying Thank you for your multiple stays here at the Best Western Prescottonian. We have two different kinds of heating units in our rooms and the next time you stay feel free to request a room that does not have baseboard heat. I think you will much happier with one of the other units. I am particularly interested in which of my desk clerks acted surly. Feel free to contact me directly with any other comments or information. We look forward to seeing you again.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed November 19, 2011

The room was adequate and measly clean. The modest, noisy rooms were overpriced and the service, at both check in and check out, was mildly unpleasant. I was supposed to get a 10% discount at the attached Mexican restaurant, but they could not work that out so I paid full price. The Mexican food was OK if you like Taco Bell; in Arizona I hoped for some interesting food but I was disappointed. The best part of this hotel was the breakfast, but for the room price, I could get a much better breakfast elsewhere.
I was stuck at this place because it was late at night and I was tired of driving. Next time I will get some coffee and drive on.

Room Tip: Find another motel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations here at The Prescottonian. The time of year that you visited does tend to be a busy time which causes and increase in rate.

I was surprised to hear that you did not enjoy Plaza Bonita Mexican food. We get rave reviews from a lot of our guests and it is a local favorite.

My main concern is that you were unhappy with my desk staff. I would love to know which of my desk clerks did not have an attitude that was welcoming to our guests. Feel free to contact the property to direct with any other comments.

Again, sorry for your unpleasant stay.
Graz
Reviewed November 18, 2011

BW Prescottonian

I did not expect that hotel to be so average. Even from the outside it is grey, colorless and not really inviting. It is on one of the main routes through Prescott, not far from Whiskey Row (5 minutes drive). Traffic is heavy and all rooms are facing route 69, so you will hear it. There is plenty of parking.

All rooms have outdoor entrances, like the typical motel. Buildings are 2 storeys high. Ask for a room on 2nd floor. As I realized, the floor in the room was very uneven and those on 1st floor will certainly have heard every step I made. The floor/ their ceiling was crackeling with every step I made. I did not walk around more then necessary.

They have a good heater in the room, though when I turned it off it made another ticking noise all night long.

Rooms have a good size and you will find everything you expect from a Best Western, like fridge, microwave, ironing equipment, hairdryer, alarmclock. Furniture is made from dark brown wood.

The cleanliness was not spotless but ok. My kingsize bed was firm and good to sleep in. It only had a thin woolend blanket. And the coverblanket you might use when you freeze to much.
Adjacent to the sleeping room is the sink – tiles on the floor. And the bathroom with a tub and toilet. Toiletries are provided.

The hotel joins it's main building (where front desk is) with a Mexican Restaurant. Showing your key will get you 10% off the check. They use their conference room, a nice big room in the main building, for breakfast. One gets the usual variety with eggs, bacon, cereals, danish, toast and bagels. And a very nice guy who was managing the breakfast buffet. It's a nice feature to have breakfast included.

This motel is nothing special. Just one of thousands on the roads, all looking similar. I would not recommend it to my friends, mainly because of the uneven and somehow unsteady floor and the ticking and crackeling around. The rates are around the 90's, I think is overpriced for what you get.

Room Tip: only rooms on 2nd floor or you will hear every step from above.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Phoenix
Reviewed October 13, 2011

It is hard to add anything new to the great reviews this hotel has already received. The rooms are large, comfortable, quiet. The restaurant next door has great Mexican food (especially the chili verde pork dinner -- yum!). The free breakfast has sausages, eggs, waffles, and lots of other goodies (one of the best free breakfasts we've had). The hotel is right down the road from the two major highways that you need to take to get back home or to your next destination. The staff is very friendly and helpful. If I dig around, I think I can come up with one criticism and that is that there was not a very big selection of fruit at the breakfast. But that is a small quibble, and honestly the only complaint we had.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed September 16, 2011

This is an Average Best Western with wonderful customer service and the added value of a complimentary full breakfast. Makes for a great value.

Room Tip: rear buildings seem quieter
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here one night while visiting Prescott in August to attend an Arts Fair at the Courthouse. The rooms were clean, large and very comfortable. Each room comes with micro and fridge so it's very convenient if you are purchasing drinks and snacks for your room. There is a mexican restaurant on site which serves great food and margaritas by the picture! Also the hotel serves a huge American breakfast with make-your-own waffles, hot eggs and meat, breads, juices and coffee. We felt this was a good choice for the comfort of the room, closeness to the downtown and great food choices. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family