“Very Comfortable”

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Seattle, Washington
“Very Comfortable”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed in a standard king suite on the 3rd floor. It was very quiet and we did not hear any noise from other rooms. The layout was very nice and spacious. The kitchen was well equiped. The only thing it did not have was an oven. So if you need one be sure to ask for a room with an oven when making a reservation. The bedding was very comfortable as was the furniture. The pool area is very nice with lots of seating areas. One next to an outrdoor fireplace, another around a firepit and several others scattered around. The breakfast options were plentiful. The work out room had 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, a stationary bike and a bowflex type of machine. All the equipment was operational and newer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mariemtm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Chandler, AZ
Reviewed June 1, 2011

My family and I stayed for two nights and loved it. The staff was friendly. We had the one bedroom suite. It was spacious, clean and very modern. Location was great.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
streator, Illinois
Reviewed April 3, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times, and it never disappoints!

Room - Studio Suite: Clean, modern, and very comfortable

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cshager
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Since this hotel changed management, it has lost it's friendly feel. I requested new towels and the sheets to be changed, due to my spilling diet coke on the bed, my fault, I know, at 10:30am, housekeeping was on my floor but I could not find the housekeeping staff, so requested this from the front desk. When I returned to the room at 6pm, no new towels and sheets had not been changed and diet coke stain still there, but, was at least dry. When I called the front desk, at 6pm to request the towels I was informed that no one could bring them to the room since there was only one person running the front desk, the hotel, everything. While I can understand trying to keep costs down and having just one person on duty during late night hours, 6pm is not considered late night and this was on a Saturday when people were still checking in. When checking out, it took me five minutes to even find someone to check out with. In addition, this hotel was once great when it came to pets. $20 per stay pet charge. Now, it's $50, and this change was mentioned no where on my reservation and I was shocked when I checked in. The room was generally clean, but the bathroom, not so much. I truly hope the new owner gets their act together. I don't blame the employees either, I think that sadly, the owners are not staffing enough people and these poor people are working like crazy, but truly cannot keep up with the demand and management does not appear to care.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank harlie98me
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum member and I have stayed over 700 nights at various Marriott branded properties.

We stayed at this hotel for two nights.

Ownership: This hotel is not owned by Marriott or operated by Marriott. It is a franchisee.

Marriott Rewards: When I checked in, the front desk personnel did NOT recognize my Marriott Rewards elite status which is standard practice at the Marriott brand hotels. Nor was I upgraded to a bigger room. Based upon my experiences, I have received more upgrades at corporate owned properties than franchisee owned properties…it seems like corporate wants to reward my loyalty; whereas, a franchisee wants to sell the room instead of giving it away as a free room upgrade.

Location: The location of the hotel was very good for us based upon our itinerary for our trip. It is ‘across’ the street from the Prescott Gateway Mall. There is a Costco store and a Wal-Mart store that is close to the hotel. It is close to the road (Walker Road) that goes to the Lynx Lake Recreation Area.

Breakfast - Food: We had the free breakfast at the hotel every morning. The scrambled eggs were the best scrambled eggs that I had at a hotel. The breakfast potatoes were outstanding as well.

Breakfast – Service: While the quality of the food was outstanding, the quantity of food was poor. Breakfast is served from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM. On Friday morning (3/18/11), we went to breakfast at 8:30 AM and there was no problem with shortages. On Saturday morning (3/19/11), we went to breakfast at 8:00 AM and the Fruit Loops were gone, the muffins were gone, milk was empty, etc. The problem is that they didn’t replenish these items. It seems like the hotel didn’t plan accordingly nor care about restocking the items that were empty.

To be fair to the hotel, I went back to the breakfast area at 9:00 AM and 9:30 AM to see if the food items were replenished and they weren’t. It seems to me that you need to eat breakfast before 7:00 AM to insure that you will get some food.

Ice Making Machines: The hotel has no ice making machines on the floors. I have stayed at other Residence Inns where there were ice making machines on the floors. I called the front desk asking if there were ice making machines and was given a response of “you can use the ice maker in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator” in a smart-aleck tone. In another review, the reviewer wrote that it takes 15 minutes to produce one ice cube. How long will it take to fill a big cooler? There is an ice machine in the kitchen that you can use if you can find someone in the kitchen area to let you get to it.

Room – Noise: Our room faced the state highway 69 and we encountered road noise. They should have used sound-proof windows for the rooms on the side of the hotel facing the road. On Friday morning at 6:15 AM, the road noise started and woke us up. If I was on business, it won’t be an issue since I would have gotten up at 5:00 AM but I was on vacation with my family and we wanted to sleep in. The road noise kept us up at night when trucks applied their brakes, drivers gunning their cars, etc.

AC\Heat: The heat and air conditioning is individually controlled by a thermostat on the wall. During our stay, the unit didn’t come on when we tried to cool down the room one day as well as to heat room one night.

Bed: The bed was not as comfortable as the other beds that I have slept on at the various Marriott branded hotels that I have stay at.

Hotel Property: This is a ‘new’ hotel so is it very modern compared to the Residence Inns that were built 10 years ago. The outdoor décor of the property and the inside décor of the common areas are outstanding. There is a large outdoor pool area with kids’ pool, two whirlpools, fireplace, firepit and BBQ grills. The hardscape and landscape of the property is outstanding.

Room: The design, décor, etc. of the room was outstanding.

Bathroom (Tub and Toilet): The size of the bathroom was small.

TV: The TV was a flat screen. There were ports for us to attach our digital cameras to review pictures that we took during the day.

Parking: There is plenty of parking in front of the hotel.

Value: We paid $ 98 a night plus taxes which we considered to be neither a good value nor a bad value.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ArizonaRoadWarrior
Phoenix
Reviewed March 21, 2011

My family and I stayed here for two days during Spring Break and loved it. The room was spacious, clean and had all the amenities we needed for our stay. The location of the hotel was close to the mall and other local businesses which made it easy to shop. The staff was very kind and helpful. We have already agreed that whenever we visit the Prescott area we will stay at the Residence Inn.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 25, 2011

This hotel is great! Very nice rooms. Flat Screens in every room. Great Pool and fitness center. Great kitchen area in every room. Free popcorn! GREAT breakfast. This is one of the best Marriots I’ve ever stayed in.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family