“Dinner?! Absolutely on our "Go To" list!”

Cuppers Coffee Bistro
Ranked #7 of 15 Coffee & Tea in Prescott
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was the first time that we went to Cuppers Bistro for dinner. It has only been open for dinner service for the past two months and this is the first chance that we had to go. We will absolutely be back.

For the uninitiated, Cuppers started as a small coffee house just outside of downtown. Breakfast breads, coffee, and some light lunches. This location is new, and boy did they do it right. The restaurant itself is large and airy. Background music tonight was pleasant instrumental jazz that did not overpower our conversations. We could have eaten outside at their patio but chose to sit inside as outside was a little windy tonight.

My wife and I each had the side salad, and she had the chicken with grapes and a light white wine sauce, and I had the chicken Marsala crepes. I was a little skeptical, as the price of mine was $12 and hers I believe was $13. Unbelievable - the salads were fresh and enjoyable and the portion size was incredible for the price. She got a large breast with ample grapes and sauce. I had two crepes and neither of us left hungry. So you know, the white wine sauce is almost like a "thin" Alfredo which my wife would have ordered on the side if she had known. The Marsala sauce on my crepes was very rich and loaded with mushrooms and sweet peas.

As our other sides, we each also had the garlic mashed potatoes which is served in a small cup. Be warned - these are not dietetic! They are loaded with seasonings, butter and garlic and boy were they good.

Another thing to know - they make their own gelato in small batches on site. They are more than happy to provide you with a spoon to taste but another warning - you WILL take some home. Here they do know how to charge - just over $8 a pint, but well worth it. It is some of the creamiest, most flavorful gelato I have had in forever.

I had read another critique that mentioned poor service. While we did wait a couple of extra minutes for Briana to show up, she was extremely attentive without hovering. I could see the service window from my seat, and she brought out our dishes promptly. I suspect that even on a busy night she would provide the same service.

I really can't say enough. This place is loaded with value and worth finding. It's tucked away from 69 in the "Trader Joe's Plaza". They have a full menu, alcoholic beverages if you like and they serve up live music. You simply cannot go wrong.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We ordered our breakfast with coffee and the person taking our order did not bring our coffee with our breakfast. We said we had ordered coffee when our breakfast came and the server had to check to make sure we ordered coffee. By the time it came we were about done with breakfast. The food was very greasy and the coffee didn't taste good.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went with friends for lunch for our first time. I was surprised at the extensive and creative menu choices. Lots of unusual sandwiches and several soups and salads. We all ordered something different and everything was good. Creative gelato flavors were excellent too. It is an order at the counter kind of place and they didn't handle sitting together but paying separately very well. They gave us one table number so that all the meals would come together. Didn't quite happen, but everything was very good. The French onion soup actually came in a baked crock with a crouton and cheese melted on top. Loved it.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I've been to Cuppers for coffee, but this was our first experience with the new bistro for dinner. It all changes when the sun starts to go down. Servers greet you formal white shirt and black pants. It feels more formal, but still inviting. We had the Crepes Marsala with salad and broccoli rob. The crepe were quite tasty, but I wasn't crazy about the broccoli rob. Servers were friendly and offered to cover the cost for the wine when it wasn't delivered promptly. We'll be back.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have been to Cuppers Coffee Bistro in Prescott, a few times, because it has a great atmosphere, the service has always been good, the décor is casual and makes you feel relaxed and comfortable. Decided to meet a group of friends there the other day later in the afternoon, however, only to discover they close at 5pm, what a disappointment, not good. All I can say, is they need to stay open later in the evenings!