“Seafood medley always delectable”

The Peacock Dining Room
Ranked #11 of 218 Restaurants in Prescott
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Wisconsin
“Seafood medley always delectable”
Reviewed February 16, 2010

We make reservations at the Peacock Room for romantic evenings: the atmosphere evokes nostalgic images of upscale dining in the West of yesteryear. Views of Gurley Street with historic Courthouse Square and Whiskey Row add to the ambience, especially in a snowstorm in February. We've dined there dozens of times over twenty years and were never served a bad meal.

For breakfast, try the fruit parfait.

Asheville, North Carolina
“A bit of a disappointment...”
Reviewed October 5, 2009

First the positives, an elegant dining room in the Hassayampa with a lovely and attentive staff. The service is great and locals still stop by to see what is on the menu that evening.

I have eaten breakfast twice at the Hassayampa. The first time was wonderful, but this time the food slipped...really slipped for me. The menu is fantastic and makes it hard to choose. Maybe I just chose wrong.

I had an egg-white omelette with mushrooms, swiss, and green pepper. It was good, but a little overcooked, very skimpy on the vegetables and the cheese was all on one side leaving me to taste just egg white for the first 3 bites. I also ordered fruit, which was nice and a biscuit which was just not fine at all. It was large, looked homemade, but ended up hard as a rock on the bottom and really dry and tasteless. It was warm when they brought it. I bet a million that it was microwaved to warm it. I am a biscuit lover and I had to just keep throwing honey on it to even get it down.

The fresh squeezed OJ was great, the coffee kept a coming, and the dining area was very charming and fun to read a paper in.

So, summary is that the food was just not up to par. Worries me. It was a little pricey for what I got ($13), but the service and atmosphere made me less apt to scream. Jury is out to whether I come back...but I might.

Kingman, Arizona
“Great way to start a day.”
Reviewed September 18, 2009

We were in Prescott for a bit of business and to celebrate our 26TH anniversay. As we were staying at the Hassayampa Inn we decided the Peacock Room would be an excellent way to start the last day of our trip.
The atmosphere and genteel ambiance was a delightful opportunity to step back into the pre generic age of travel. The professional and courteous staff enhanced this initial impression.
Our food was excellent and the price surprisingly resaonable. What a great way to start a new day!

1 Thank AdventurerJim
Tucson, Arizona
“A Perfect Breakfast!”
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We went to the Peacock Room for Breakfast and loved it! The setting was art-deco and up-scale. The service was outstanding and the food was perfect. My wife ordered the lemon soufflé pancakes and raved about it. I had an omelet. It was perfect, fluffy with just the right amount of cheese. This was among the finest omelets I have had anywhere. We can’t wait to come back for lunch and dinner.

Prescott, AZ
“Old fashioned charm, great service and great food.”
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Its like walking back in time when you enter the Peacock Dining Room. Its very pretty and a nice place to take people, especially for lunch.

I have had many a "girls lunch" there and we always enjoy our meals and we are treated so well by all the staff.

Hubby & I first ate there one night for our anniversary and we had a very romantic dinner.

The food is always good and the staff are always friendly & attentive.

My Mom always asks to go there for her birthday.

Give it a try. Its a really great place.

1 Thank azcowgirrlup