“dinner”

El Gato Azul
Ranked #4 of 229 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Description: An Eclectic Mix of Spanish Inspired Tapas, and Southwestern Entrees.Quirky, fun atmosphere with outdoor patio dining, live music, full bar and extensive wine selections, bottled beers, as well as draft.Locals favorite for Happy Hour.Open Daily at 11 except Saturday and Sunday, when we open at Noon. Reservations excepted.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The tapas were very good. It was a fun place. The entertainment was very good. The service was a bit slow.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were there on a busy Saturday evening in the summer. The 2 man band was great, a few people were dancing. We sat out on the patio. It didn't seem like the servers had stations. So many of us were sitting there with menus and no waters and no greetings from the staff. My husband isn't shy so he went up to the bar to get some attention. From there on out, our experience was good. We did notice one couple who was never greeted or served. I think they were sitting there for 30 minutes. Finally, my husband walked talked to one of the managers (?) who sent someone over to them. We probably won't return only because Prescott has so many other restaurants to chose from.

1  Thank Safariranger
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My parents and I went here on a Friday night. When we got there, it was packed. The owner, Barry (yes, he introduced himself) asked if we had reservations. When we said "No", he went about trying to accomodate us. We had to wait about 15 minutws, but it was worth it. The menu is an eclectic southwest cuisine. My parents ordered the lamb chops tapas and I got the shrimp and chorizo (what a combination). Our server was great, the atmosphere was great (we ate outside) and the food was great.

1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was in Prescott a year ago and really enjoyed the meal at Gato Azul.. I just went there for happy hour, 3-6. (2$ off Tapas, M-Thur). Music on Sat and Sunday. We ate jammin Chicken (grilled, caribian spiced), Hummus (always good), Garlic Mushrooms ( sherry broth), Posole (a delicious Mexican soup (with chicken, pork, red and green chiles & hominy) and black been cake (yum!). great food, reasonably priced, terrific service. We will be back.

1  Thank chiefchem
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is one of my favorite places to meet friends for lunch or dinner. The food is consistently good - fresh, tasty and good sized portions. The service is super friendly and I really enjoy the live music when they have it. This is a little Prescott gem and I always recommend it to my out of town friends.
Also, Barry is truly generous when it comes to supporting the community with donations of gift certificates for non-profits and hosting fundraisers. He donates a lot and should be supported.

1  Thank GailM813