“A Great Tapas Bar”

El Gato Azul
Ranked #4 of 218 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Description: An Eclectic Mix of Spanish Inspired Tapas, and Southwestern Entrees.Quirky, fun atmosphere with outdoor patio dining, live music, full bar and extensive wine selections, bottled beers, as well as draft.Locals favorite for Happy Hour.Open Daily at 11 except Sunday, when we open at Noon.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“A Great Tapas Bar”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited the restaurant over the 4th of July holiday. The entire city of Prescott was teeming with a mixture of different people. We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to try the food. The owner's daughter waited on us. She was shy but very professional. My wife and I ordered assorted tapas, which were great. Everything was fresh and very tasty. I asked for a Margarita with a different flavor. I had her choose. She brought be a pomegranate flavored drink. Probably the best Margarita I have ever had (we spend 1-2 months in Mexico each year). We would definitely return to this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kim W

Phoenix, Arizona
“A Wonderful Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful anniversary dinner sampling different tapas at El Gato Azul. The wine and drink menus are good and they have a wide-variety of tapas, as well as a regular menu. The tree-shaded patio is beautiful and the service was exceptional. We spent two hours enjoying the wonderful food and drink, while listening to live entertainment. We never felt rushed, but were attended to. We will definitely return.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MarjiPhoenix_Arizona
El Paso, Texas
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

El Gata Azul has a sunken patio that's shady and cool and is just 2 blocks off of the square. It's primarily a tapas restaurant; but the tapas amounts are larger than normal. The food is fresh and excellently prepared. We lunched here the two days we were in Prescott. It will become a local favorite.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Melodie A
Prescott, Arizona
“Bland food, bad service”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

A couple of friends raved about how great this place was, so we tried it out. The dining area was virtually empty, but we received slow inattentive service. The food was bland, a lot of beans, some onion, and vinegar soaking pretty much everything we ordered. We were not impressed with the food, the service, the dining room, or outside seating area and will not be going back.

• Visited September 2012
blbcorners, Owner at El Gato Azul, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to dine with us, and for writing a review. I'm sorry that you were not pleased with your experience.

We are continually trying to improve. I realized your visit was last fall. I am confident that if you dined with us again, you would be very pleased.

If you do decide to do such, please follow up with me to let me know how your experience went.

Have a great day!

- Barry
“We come here quite often :)”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I have had many girl lunches here. Love the food. Always fresh and very tasty. The patio had such a wonderful ambiance. The only thing we don't like is that they took my husbands favorite Nachos off the menu so he does not come here as often anymore.

• Visited July 2013