“Yummy Tapas!”

El Gato Azul
Ranked #4 of 216 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Description: An Eclectic Mix of Spanish Inspired Tapas, and Southwestern Entrees.Quirky, fun atmosphere with outdoor patio dining, live music, full bar and extensive wine selections, bottled beers, as well as draft.Locals favorite for Happy Hour.Open Daily at 11 except Sunday, when we open at Noon.
Scottsdale, Arizona USA
“Yummy Tapas!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

On a romantic getaway, we wanted something unique for dinner. So glad we chose here! We sat out on the patio with heaters to keep us warm. We had a hard time choosing which plates to get but loved them all. Especially the calamari fritas, the fried goat cheese, cucumber salad, and most especially the oatmeal chocolate bar dessert. The sangria was yummy too. Our best meal in Prescott!

2 Thank HappyJackAZ

newbury
“Great food but”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Wow what an interesting night... Had heard great things about this restaurant... And I think for all good reasons... The food and setting ... We were not disappointed in either these of attributes .... Food was great as was the setting...But not sure if was us or Kathryn but please we don't dine out a for attitude and she surely had one... Hoping it was just a bad day for her because we really enjoyed everything else...

2 Thank tomtravelernewbury
Prescott, Arizona
“YUMMY and beautiful..”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My boyfriend and and I had the most amazing dinner. we shared four different dishes of tapas. I am french and he is a Prescott native. He let me pick everything out and it was all so yummy :) He had never had Tapas before now he is Hooked. The service was prompt and freindly. the atmosphere was very romantic. It was the best evening I have had In a very long time. Live jazz good wine and muscles.... it was a lovely time. thank you El Gato! your my favorite in all of Prescott.. its awesome as well because you are half a block away. some evenings I sit outside my place and listen to the jazz. Its awesome on a cool evening.. drink a glass of wine. listen to music and then walk over and have a wonderful dinner. I am just waiting for dave to take me back...I cant wait :) cheers!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank 1BattleAngel
Prescott, AZ
“Not Accommodating”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I really wanted to eat here, food looked yummy. I called at 4:30 wanting to eat an early dinner on their outdoor patio on this gorgeous February day and was told the patio was closed this time of year. Then I said well would you consider allowing me to sit there with my well behaved animal since it is such a nice day and there won't be other diners out there? She said no, we have music tonight and it would not be conducive to the entertainment. So which is it? The patio is closed?The patio isn't closed? The music is happening when? Or do you just hate dogs?

• Visited February 2013
blbcorners, Owner at El Gato Azul, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for wanting to dine with us.

Unfortunately, the patio is "enclosed" during the winter months as I mentioned on the phone, and we are by law, not allowed to have animals other than assistance animals indoors, regardless of how well behaved they are.

I'm sorry you misunderstood the difference between "closed" and "enclosed", but hopefully you will visit us in the warmer months with your pet on our pet friendly patio, or perhaps without your pet during the cooler season.

... we do not hate dogs. We are simply obeying the rules.

Barry L. Barbe, owner
Seattle, Washington
“fun time”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had very good food and good service. It was very fun to choose from all the 'small plates'. Sat outside in the shade and it was all just perfect. On a later visit with a larger group and at a busier time, service could not keep up with the crowd. Food was still very good. Pick an off time and you should be good.

Visited October 2012