“Super food, friendly atmosphere”
Review of El Gato Azul

El Gato Azul
Ranked #4 of 222 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Description: An Eclectic Mix of Spanish Inspired Tapas, and Southwestern Entrees.Quirky, fun atmosphere with outdoor patio dining, live music, full bar and extensive wine selections, bottled beers, as well as draft.Locals favorite for Happy Hour.Open Daily at 11 except Sunday, when we open at Noon.
Prescott, Arizona
“Super food, friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed dinner at El Gato Azul last night. We were welcomed warmly and then treated to a great dining experience.

We both had seafood entrees which were cooked perfectly and seasoned exquisitely.

The service was friendly and alert.

The dessert was unusual, a bread pudding made from bread with fruit in it and we found it very tasty.

We're looking forward to our next visit to El Gato Azul.

• Visited January 2012
5 Thank Beth N

“NOT THE USUAL MEXICAN FARE”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stopped by here one night after meeting Barry, the owner & chef. I was so glad I did. It is not a large fancy eatery, but a sweet, intimate, wonderful place to eat. Very, very, popular. I had Scallops at the suggestion of the chef, and they were not only perfect but they came with absolutely delicious pearl couscous. The also have a huge, huge, Tapas menu, with a little bit of a little bit of everything. They have a nice wine list, and great Sangaria. If you get anywhere near Prescott, stop by and try it-you won't be sorry..

• Visited January 2012
6 Thank ijustknow29
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Good food, not your run-of-the-mill quality. Wide variety.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Mt_Max
Surprise, Arizona
“Wondersul”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

The tapas was delicious, sangria to die for, and great atmosphere and staff.

Visited November 2011
4 Thank mary t
Prescott, Arizona
“Love this place, great atmosphere and tapas.”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This place is not for everyone and there are occasional inconsistencies with food and service but overall if you have an open mind and good taste it will not disappoint. The seating is intimate and cozy and El Gato's outdoor seating on the creek is probably the best in Prescott. We mainly do the tapas thing when we go and they always have many delicious options to hang out and enjoy with some great sangria. I personally have always had good if not great service for the dozen or so times I have been. Then again I am in no rush and love just to hang out and talk to my friends and family and enjoy great food and libations. I always recommend El Gato Azul because I believe it is a complete dining experience that most people will enjoy.

• Visited September 2011