“PBC has gone way way down hill!”

Prescott Brewing Company
Ranked #21 of 228 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A full-service restaurant/brewery (brewpub) established for over two decades. Independently-owned & operated by original founders. Large variety of craft beers brewed on-site. Eclectic menu, something for everyone.
Reviewed February 9, 2009

My husband and I go out to eat every Friday evening last Friday we decided to hit PBC - I was so hungry for their Brumester (sad spelling) burger - yum! Well what a joke! We arrived at 6:00 went inside saw that it was full but not over busy. There was about 6 people ahead of us and the hostess told us it would be a 15 min. wait. Fine -we took our buzzer and sat on a bench in view of the inside lobby tables. After 1/2 hour and seeing two empty tables I thought maybe our buzzer was not working. I went to the hostess she said, "yes it is working'" and she was all alone but we would be seated soon. Again, another 15 minutes went by, the lobby was now full of people with buzzers and MORE empty tables. After a full hour of waiting I went in and asked what was up. In a short toned voice I was again reminded that she as all alone and that they ran out of silverware. I in a short toned voice stated we could all still be sitting in the empty tables ordering drinks!

We were just leaving along with the other half of the people in the lobby when our buzzer went off. We decided this was so ridiculous let's play the story out. We were sitting with no apologizes - the waitress took our order - thank goodness we gave her our food order at the same time, because a table that sat down at the same time just gave her a drink order and they were still waiting to give a food order as we were leaving. Plus they had to send back their sodas because they were flat. Oh and they never got new ones!

RIDICULOUS - no managment to be seen, thank goodness the bartender made the drinks strong because you needed to be slushed just to put up with it. The food - gross and not worth it. It used to be soooo good. We spent $30 on two hamburger, one ice tea and one bourbon. The buffalo burger was a happy meal size.

Yes the hostess was all alone and she should be - no one should go and waste their money or time. Prescott is really blessed with some great places to eat and drink and the PBC is no longer one of them. Go to Fireside Kitchen for food and the Raven for beer. But not here.

1  Thank pfingston
Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed December 16, 2008

Before I moved to Prescott and we woould visit, we would drive through the night to get here and I would take a nap until the Pub would open and then drive into town to have lunch at my favorite place. I have now lived here 6 years and up until the last few months, I loved the Pub and would tell anyone who visited to go there..they had to!

The last few visits have been disappointing but the last visit was the worst.

We waited 2 hours to eat at the Pub after the Courthouse lighting( I am not complaining about the time but we were hungry). We ordered tea which is usually a nice flavored tea that they have served for as long as I can remember, but now it is just plain. Afer asking the waiter about it, we just said it was changed and never even asked if we wanted something else. Service was not great. I had the meatloaf, one of my favorites. There is corn on this dish and it had been microwaved so long that it was rubbery and barely chewable and the meat was overcooked. The waiter asked how my food was and I told him , but he just walked away and did nothing. SO I asked to talk to a manager. He greeted the table by saying, "Someone wants to talk to me?" I told him about the corn, he told me it was roasted before service. I wanted to tell him that if it was over roasted it would be black, not rubber. SAD

1  Thank cessandjess
Reviewed November 11, 2008

Very busy restaurant and bar. Good selection of beer from the micro brewry.

Selection of food similar to every other "American Theme" resturant, Burgers, steaks, Mexican, though there were a few original ideas - fish and chips and bangers and Mash.

Had their smoked steak special, though unfortunately the request for rare was forgotten. Would not recommend this dish, as the smoked flavour made what looked like a nice piece of steak taste like smoked gamon.

Selection of wine good too.

1  Thank Rob020
Reviewed November 2, 2008

Food and beer were great but an inexcusable service error was made.Perhaps 5 minutes after we were served our combination appetizer our meal was brought to us-by an individual other than our waiter.A great meal became one with an unpleasant tinge.

Reviewed October 6, 2008

We went to this restaurant by a recommendation from our hotel front desk clerk. We had such a horrific experience there nothing that I had ever been through. The hostess their was nothing like I had ever met. First we were told that we would have a 20 minute wait which was fine we knew they were busy. So when we got buzzed after 15 minutes we were happy and ready to be seated. Then she told us that it was an accident and didn't even apologize. Then about 40 minutes went by and we never got seated. We then approached the hostess again to find out what was going on and she told her manager that she never told us the wait was 20 minutes??? By then we were very upset and frustrated we had a five and one year old being very patient also. So then we spoke with a manager the hostess accused us of lieing and literally rolled her eyes and laughed at us. I had never felt so horrible at a restaurant. That hostess should not be employed there. She was immature, unprofessional, and disrespectful. Someone like that should not work in customer service.

2  Thank piglet1030