“Not just a Flower”

The Rose Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Incredible! Service was great and the food (we had German) was like being in Germany. Price was also reasonable and the building was very quaint, an old house (Victorian I think). Located just a mile from the center of town with lots of parking, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have eaten at The Rose almost weekly for the past 3 years and I always give them a two thumbs up on their food and service!
Yes, The Rose is expensive if you add a bottle of wine or other wonderful offerings but after all, you don't go to the Cadillac dealership and expect to pay Chevrolet prices. Also, I eat at many other local places and find that others' prices are right up there for similar dinners.
What I like about the food is that they serve "handmade" and made to order so it is fresh and is modified to any of the guest's needs.
The menu offers diverse options and changes several times a year, but they always keep my favorites. Also, it I am just in the mood for and appetizer and wine or dessert and coffee, they always accommodate me.
This is a small place with a cozy atmosphere and they are in the process of redoing the decor...inside and out!
Check them out it may be fine dinning but the fill is like home in a unique dining experience that is in a Victorian cottage! You will not be disappointed! So call and make a reservation.

1  Thank Juliana H
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had the pleasure of dining at The Rose on our anniversary and couldn't have been any happier. It was recommended by our hostess, Jeanne Watkins from the Pleasant Street Inn, and she was right on the mark. Billie Jo and the entire staff made our experience memorable ad teated us like we were family. The food was wildly delicious and in very ample portions. I couldn't make up my mind regarding which of the 4 sauces to order with my mouth-watering filet ... so they brought all of them!! My wife's swordfish was perfectly cooked and the mushroom risotto was wonderful. All in all ... oneof the best meals we've had in ages! Many of the other reviews have referenced the prices, but we found the value balanced and in line with the ambiance, service and hospitality. Thanks Billie Jo and all of your wonderful and experienced restaurant family for making our anniversary special.

1  Thank Tim-Tina W
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Fun and good food. And the owner Rose adds so much atmosphere to the place. We loved her. We loved our pizza and house wine. Totally recommend it.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

From the moment you walk into this restaurant you feel like you are wanted and apart of the family. No one rushes you, everyone is willing to talk and help with suggestions and then the food is superior! The foie gras was exceptional and my husband's duck was outstanding. We both left talking about a wonderful evening. Thank you all at the Rose~!