“Prescotts Finest Dining”

The Rose Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2007

I have lived in Prescott for 6 years and The Rose is by far our best restaurant.
John, the chef, is very creative and all of the dishes are exceptional from pasta to the lamb and beef dishes.
During the spring and summer the out door dining is very comfortable.
The owners and serving people remember their guests and make a special effort to make your dining experience memorable.
Do not miss this special place when in Prescott.

There are newer reviews for The Rose Restaurant

Reviewed October 21, 2007

My wife and I visited Prescott for a few days for our anniversay and had our anniversary dinner at The Rose.

Precsott offers many restauraunts but The Rose seemed to be the most intimate and fancy.

Gourmet style food served in a quiet, cozy atmosphere with quality table settings and served by a professional, and attentive staff.

My wife enjoyed the herb roasted chicken while I had the seared duck breast. Both were very good and flavorful. The bread was delicious as was the house salad. The deserts were also very tasty.

The service was excellent., with the chef making an appearance at the table to check on how eveything was tasting.

This restaurant was a bit on the expensive side. I know "expensive" is a relative term but this is definitly not like paying at a chain restaurant. Our dinners with appetizers, desserts and beverages (non-alcoholic) and tip came to just under $100. Not outrageous but not cheap either. You do get what you pay for with a choice of many uncommon dishes and great atmosphere and service. I would not eat here every night but as a special occasion restaurant it is well worth it and we would definitely eat here again for a nice dress up occassion.

2  Thank JandAinAZ
Reviewed May 1, 2007

The best place to eat in Prescott. The food was great. My boneless rib eye steak was so tender it cut with a fork. My wife had scallops that were very large, but very tender also. The food is spiced just right, but not salty. The Creme Brulee was purfect. The place is a historic Victorian home that was remodeled yet period appointed. Very cozy. My wife and I went there for our 21 anniversary. We'll be going back.

4  Thank AZFamilyman
Reviewed March 21, 2007

Having recently moved to the Prescott area, my husband and I were looking for a locally owned (no chains for us) restaurant that would offer us upscale dining for those special date nights. Asking around we kept hearing "The Rose Restaurant" in downtown Prescott. We decided that if the locals raved about it, it must me good so we decided to give it a try. I am so glad we did. The food was excellent, the staff was delightful and the atmosphere was a quaint Victorian. We highly recommend it.

4  Thank asubdoc
Reviewed February 20, 2007

The Rose Restaurant in by far the best place to eat in Prescott. My husband and I leave the little kids at home and enjoy a wonderful evening at our favorite Prescott Restaurant.
The new menu is great and they finally got new wine glasses!
p.s. Val is a great waitress !

1  Thank ironmama