“Good food, fair price”
Review of Murphy's

Murphy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Murphy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 229 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Murphy's is the premier dining establishment in Prescott Arizona. Part of Prescott since 1985. Quality is our key ingredient at Murphy's from our Fresh Fish Flown in from Hawaii to our top-notch service, we are all about making memories at Murphy's. Join us for lunch and dinner daily and don't miss our Sunday champagne brunch!
Reviewed April 27, 2007

My husband and I went to Murphy's on April 24th for drinks and appetizers and everything was great. We had the steamed clams and drinks at the bar and met a local man and chatted for a while. The bartender was very attentive and friendly. There was also a band playing up on the platform at the end of the bar, they sounded good. It was a nice evening with live entertainment. We had been to Murphy's twice before, on one occasion bringing our two sons 11 & 13 year and they also loved the food. I would highly recommend an evening at Murphy's.

2  Thank ThatsAGiven

Reviewed April 6, 2007

Great atmosphere. Nothing for vegetarians.

Usually, there's SOMETHING on the menu that's a restaurant's token veggie dish. But not at Murphey's In fact, the staff seemed bewildered by the question. I ended up getting a salad without the usual addition of chicken for the full price.

I could have had that at any restaurant.

3  Thank mamassage
Reviewed October 4, 2006

I have had the chicken tortilla soup several times and it is excellant. Escargot and all the sandwiches are wonderful too. I have not been there for dinner so I am not familiar with that menu. Stay away from the lobster tacos. There needs to be alot more spices on them or leave them to a mexican restaurant.
Overall a great place.

3  Thank Jillsy36
Reviewed August 10, 2006

I had the best tortilla soup I've ever had at Murphy's. The steak sandwich was perfectly cooked to my specifications and perfectly seasoned. It didn't need a thing! Thanks to my waiter Matt for making my short stay enjoyable and for suggesting the steak sandwich.

1  Thank VaBelle35
Reviewed April 24, 2006

I've been going to Murphy's 4 or 5 times a year for over 15 years, and I've noticed that recently, Murphy's food quality has really dropped off. For many years, it was THE place to eat in Prescott. Now, there is occasionally a good dish, but for the most part the food is now quite average. Over the past two years I've routinely had steaks not properly cooked to order and with a very tough consistency, as well as seafood dishes that are either over or underdone but never perfect. The staff does not seem to be as knowledgable as before, nor do they seem to care. Murphy's reputation was deservedly built up over the years, but it seems like things have really gone downhill. It's still worth a visit, if only for the historic ambience, but don't expect to be blown away by the food.

4  Thank AZFoodie