“Good Food & Service”
Review of Murphy's

Murphy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Murphy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 226 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Murphy's is the premier dining establishment in Prescott Arizona. Part of Prescott since 1985. Quality is our key ingredient at Murphy's from our Fresh Fish Flown in from Hawaii to our top-notch service, we are all about making memories at Murphy's. Join us for lunch and dinner daily and don't miss our Sunday champagne brunch!
Reviewed May 2, 2010

The food and service is always consistantly good. Everyone is friendly and pleasent.

Reviewed February 26, 2010

The bar is a lively place at Happy Hour. Generous and delicious appetizers along with cocktails and wine are offered for very reduced prices. The house chardonnay is reasonable and nice. The bar is charming and comfortable. We enjoyed a very good dinner in the dining room with efficient and friendly service.

Reviewed February 25, 2010

Haven't been to Murphys for dinner in quite a while although I have lunch there frequently. Last night went and had an absolutely horrible experience. The waitress was having what can only be called a meltdown, literally throwing our salad plates onto the table ans giving rude a good name. the steaks we ordered were undercooked and very chewy with lots of gristle. Needless to say, stay away from this place! there are many other fine eateries in town, don't throw your money away here.

1  Thank bluntprobe
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We should have left right after putting our name in when the RUDE hostess (I guess she is on channel 6) made a horrible impression by telling us it was a 45 min wait without informing us that the seating in the bar was available if we would like. We grew tired of waiting for a table after a large group with no reservations were seated before us so, we asked if we could sit at the bar seating...she whisked us off to another section of the restaurant and proceeded to point to our table...not even seating us! Okay at this point we should have just got up and left but, the night only got worse. Our waiter slowly approached our table after being there for some time. He took our drink order and we said we were ready to order however; he was not and had to drop a tray off in the kitchen thinking he would come right back and take our order...of course not! There was a table with 3 single young women that he needed to flirt with and prolonged our order. In the mean time a young couple was seated right behind us and after 5 or 10 min of no service they got up and left! We had already ordered or we would have done the same. Our waiter managed to forget our drink order and finally brought it to us. The wait between our salad and dinner one could have taken a nap in which one of us did! The food finally arrived and the first bite I took of my sesame Ahi Tuna was the most horrific experience...it was like gristle off a piece of beef so I politely pushed it aside to take my second bite which was very grainy almost like cutting into uncooked beef! I was done...the waiter made it look as though I had never had Ahi before...supposedly sashimi grade! Our whole table had cold potatoes and cold green beans the only thing appetizing was the prime rib. The waiter asked if I would like another cut...at this point I was so disgusted with the whole restaurant and declined on anything else! I watched our waiter speak to the manager at the hostess stand as the manager picked his teeth with a tooth pick…Now come on this is supposed to be a 4 1/2 star restaurant!!! They ended up taking 50% off our bill...this place has been in business for 25 years; I would just really like to know how with the service and food they have???

4  Thank hopezinaz
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Overpriced and limited menu. I am a Prescott native, have been there twice and hope I never have visiting frineds who make me go there again. The food is Blah, bland, and boring.

2  Thank SadieDelaney