“Down home atmosphere and good food, but too pricey!”
Review of Murphy's

Murphy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Murphy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 224 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Murphy's is the premier dining establishment in Prescott Arizona. Part of Prescott since 1985. Quality is our key ingredient at Murphy's from our Fresh Fish Flown in from Hawaii to our top-notch service, we are all about making memories at Murphy's. Join us for lunch and dinner daily and don't miss our Sunday champagne brunch!
Reviewed March 13, 2014

If you are looking to have a good steak and get friendly service with a down home feel and you don't mind spending a little more...this is your place. There is nothing overly special about the place, but it really is about being from out of town and feeling like you belong in the community. The staff is very pleasant, welcoming and friendly.

There were six in our party and we all ordered different entree's and liked them all. We did all feel that for this town, it was overpriced. Honestly, I think if the prices had been more reasonable and in keeping with what the atmosphere was and the menu, we would have felt more positive about the evening.

Our friends who live in Prescott recommended the restaurant and frequent it all the time. They do not seem to mind the prices. However, coming from Southern California....for the same price, we could have had a much better experience.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Murphy's has good Old West ambiance, and service can be good. But the menu is limited, and overpriced. Go instead to Gurley Street Grill, its sister restaurant, which is better and more reasonably priced.

1  Thank William20142014
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Took my wife and mother there for Mother's Day, food was delicious and service was awesome. My wife and I had the Prime Rib, cooked just right.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Well that is kinda scary as the last time I was there in 2002 the service was sloppy at best. The food choices were limited...it was the last service. I ended up up getting the blackened catfish which was undercooked after a 45 minute wait. And the place was filthy. I have not been back.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stumbled upon Murphy's on a Sunday night when everything else in downtown Prescott was closed. I had heard they were good so didn't mind giving it a try. Was a disappointment. The rotisserie chicken was dry...sandy grit in the salad and the veggie of the day was onions and green peppers? My husband had a chicken Caesar which he said was good. We both drank water and the meal cost $50 with tip. Wish we had went to Wildflower.

1  Thank longing4maui
Brie B, Public Relations Manager at Murphy's, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for choosing Murphy’s…We are sorry for your less than enjoyable experience with us. We wish you had reported your concerns to a manager at the time of your visit and I am certain it would have been addressed and taken care of immediately. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope you choose us again in the future.