“In the words of John Taffer - Clean this place up!”
Review of Murphy's

Murphy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Murphy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 214 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Murphy's is the premier dining establishment in Prescott Arizona. Part of Prescott since 1985. Quality is our key ingredient at Murphy's from our Fresh Fish Flown in from Hawaii to our top-notch service, we are all about making memories at Murphy's. Join us for lunch and dinner daily and don't miss our Sunday champagne brunch!
San Francisco, California
“In the words of John Taffer - Clean this place up!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

What happened to this place? I have been a frequent customer for the past 5 years and noticed it has really gone down hill lately. My family and I went out last night and was really turned off by what we saw while eating. I understand this place is old and its never gonna look sparkling clean and nice like a new building does, but come on! few servers were cleaning under booth's seat and what I saw was a lot of filth being cleaned out of there as if they never been cleaned before...when this should be part of their daily routine??.. I can only imagine how clean the kitchen is? I suggest you call Cintas Professional Cleaners to have this place overhauled, or maybe put a call to John Taffer to whip the management into shape!

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Samantha W

Phoenix, Arizona
“What happend...”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Been to this restaurant numerous times in the past and tonight had to make a quick trip up to Prescott, so decided to eat there. For a Monday night after 7pm it was rather busy. There was no hostess at the hostess station had to get helped by a waiter. We were offered the bar to go and wait for a table, yet our name was not taken down to find us when a table became available.

Decided to sit at the bar and eat. The Oysters Rockafellar use to be really good here. They were tasteless and instead of 6 only got 5. I ordered a Bruschetta appetizer and it was rather bad also. For a drink I got a gin and tonic.....hmmm...needless to say it was ho hum also.

I was disappointed with the meal and the service. Not sure I will go back again.

Prescott
“Living On Its Past”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Just like any other restaurant Murphy's has had its better days. My wife and I have had reason to visit quite frequently in the last month, and I haven't been impressed. To me all the little things add up to either a great experience or a soso experience. Unfortunately this was the latter. No one at the hostess desk, out of coffee, wrong glassware, overcooked burger. It just keeps adding up. Food is okay, service is okay, but if you're looking for better go somewhere else.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank 85742
Canton, Ohio, Usa
“Great meal”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The prime rib was delicious and our waitress was very attentive. Good choice of wines. We would highly recommend this restaurant.

The Old Pueblo, Tucson, AZ
“Wonderful Consistent Dining at Murphy's”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

1. Food generous and excellent
2. Wine expensive but...
3. Seating and noise level pretty good though very crowded
4. Service very good until the end when we could not find our waiter but another helped us out with a smile.
5. Try their chicken tortilla soup. I had my first experience with this soup at Murphy's and was such a fan that I now make great soup myself.