“Our Favorite Restaurant Of Our Vacation”
Review of Murphy's

Reserve with OpenTable
Murphy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 228 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Murphy's is the premier dining establishment in Prescott Arizona. Part of Prescott since 1985. Quality is our key ingredient at Murphy's from our Fresh Fish Flown in from Hawaii to our top-notch service, we are all about making memories at Murphy's. Join us for lunch and dinner daily and don't miss our Sunday champagne brunch!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We literally chanced on Murphy's for lunch after having to park quite a ways from downtown. It was rodeo week and very busy.

The atmosphere was upscale with a great historic building. The ceilings and leaded glass windows were really nice.

The family ordered from a really nice waitress who instructed us "rodeo rookies" about the local events and even teased my two boys. We ordered two beers brewed by the restaurant, an amber and red, that were excellent. Our food was great as well. My kids loved their food (chilli and cheeseburger) as did my wife and I (ruben).

Best meal of our trip as voted on by my gang. :)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went here with friends who raved about the food. After looking over the menu's unacceptably high prices, we decided that we'd just get appetizers since they were on sale for happy hour. Glad we didn't pay full price for the tiny greasy unappealing sandwiches we were served. We won't be going back because the prices are ridiculous, even for a salad.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My two male dining companions and I all got plenty of good food to eat at Murphy's. The experience was consistent with what I envision an above average steak house to provide.

The clam chowder was excellent, the garlic mashed potatoes were great and the steaks were cooked to our specifications.

The service was a bit slow and it was disappointing that parts of our table were cleared while other parts were not cleared through the course of the meal. It left something to be desired in terms of presentation. Perhaps the slowness was because we were on the upper level which is somewhat claustrophobic due to the very low ceiling.

If I were going to go again (and I most likely will), I would sit in the booths on the lower level and try to get a cozy one by the bar.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've eaten at Murphy's dozens of times over the past 30 years and it's always been exceptional until this last time. And from reading other posts on here I see this establishment has really gone down hill.

First off, we had a 15 min wait when there was numerous open tables. Once we arrived at our table, the waitress just wiped it down with a wet rag and left it soaked for us to sit down to. Our napkins and silverware were all wet. Even Denny's dries their tables after they wipe them down.

We order the salmon and it took over 45min to get our meals. The salmon had some kind of BBQ sauce on it and it tasted very bad.

The waitress came around just once and acted like she did not even want to be there.

I doubt we'll ever be back.... Too bad

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Certainly doesn't appear to be the place it used to be. Was pretty dead on a Thursday evening. For a steak place, thought they could have gotten medium/well right, was more on the medium/rare side. Salad was obviously bagged and bag had been open for a while. Overly dark in attempt to mask aging interior, not historic, just deteriorating. Too bad for what used to be a great space.