“Perfect Delight”
Review of Murphy's

Murphy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Murphy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 214 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Murphy's is the premier dining establishment in Prescott Arizona. Part of Prescott since 1985. Quality is our key ingredient at Murphy's from our Fresh Fish Flown in from Hawaii to our top-notch service, we are all about making memories at Murphy's. Join us for lunch and dinner daily and don't miss our Sunday champagne brunch!
Columibia, MD
“Perfect Delight”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Murphy's was one of the restaurants that had mostly good reviews in Trip Advisor which I added to our list of places to eat while visiting the Prescott area. We wound up in the area on my birthday. After sightseeing around the area most of the day, we didn't feel much like dressing up for the "special occasion". When we called to make the reservation and to check on the dress code, we were told that we didn't need one but she took our name and that dress was casual---music to our ears. They asked if it were a special occasion and of course, I said yes. The steak I ordered came out exactly as I requested. The house salad was perfect even though I forgot to ask for my dressing on the side, it was not swimming in it. We were treated to a complimentary dessert, an apple cake with whipped cream, and a short rendition of Happy Birthday by the wait staff. All in all, it was perfectly delightful.

1 Thank watssyl

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What going out to dinner should be!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went to Murphy's on the advice of our realtor after a day of looking at houses in Prescott. What a wonderful tip -- everything we ate, from the salads to desserts was perfectly prepared and tasty. The portions were generous leaving us with leftovers to enjoy later and the service was attentive, but no overly so. The hostess gave us interesting information about the building and its owners after we inquired. What a wonderful restaurant. This experience is what eating out should be, wonderful food in a nice atmosphere where you are made to feel special. Can't ask for more than that!

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“will never return”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have been to Murphys a couple of times over a few years and we went this weekend and it was terrible. The service was awful. We sat with empty glasses. We ordered clams as an appetizer and they were the size of a pea. The bread was hard and flavorless, the salad was floating in the dressing and soooo salty, the veggies with the meal were also flavorless. The fried fish was ok but served with "louisiana hot sauce" that u buy at the store? Sadly our days of going to Murphys are over. Our tip should have went to the hostess as everytime she walked by she saw we needed something and would get it.

So Cal
“Awesome place with some "soulful" experiences!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went to visit my family in Prescott and they took me to Murphy's for the first time. The service was awesome and the food was delicious. We ordered clams, garlic, sautéed mushrooms, and soft bread as appetizers. Everything was phenomenal. For our main courses we ordered ribs, salads, and beef stroganoff. It was fantastic! For dessert, we ordered the carrot cake and chocolate mousse cake. Both were out of this world! I am very interested in the history of old architecture. This building was original from the 1800s. I was looking around at all the old pictures in the old owners office when suddenly I leaned forward and my foot felt like it was sinking into the floor and I heard a loud knock. My aunt was with me and heard it too. We thought nothing of it because we figured the floor was wood and it was old. After we walked around to the front, the manager was so kind and wanted to give us a tour of the establishment. As we were exploring upstairs, I asked if the floor in the office was lifted wood or a solid cement foundation... Come to find out that it was indeed solid. My heart dropped and I told her what I had experienced. She then went on to tell me that she has had many experiences in the restaurant. She worked there for 17 years and had plates slide from her and hit a gentleman's plate full of ribs that happened to be four tables over. She was up in the mezzanine serving at that time. So after her stories, we went to the office and I showed her what happened before. It did it again with another loud knock. She tried to do it and nothing happened. She was even jumping around but still nothing. As we were walking out, we heard two very clear knocks come from under the floor where we just were. We said out loud that we would leave them alone and we got out of the room. The manager told us that she even had one waitress quit because a little girl spirit followed her around. The manager also said one morning when she was getting the printed out specials ready for the day that she went to get her coffee from the drink station and the coffee was already brewing and spilling on the floor since there was no coffee pot under it. So after she placed the coffee pot underneath the drip she went a saw that all her papers that she had printed and placed on the hostess tabled were one by one lifting up and falling to the floor. She let the spirit do what it wanted and went to get her coffee. She was the only person in the building and saw this happening with her own eyes. When she came back, all the papers were scattered around the floor. Also, back in the day, when it was a mercantile, the owner had issues with theft... One day he thought three people were trying to steal from him and he shot them dead in that building. So, if you're up for some awesome food and some great experiences, visit Murphy's for a time you will be very happy with and will never forget!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Delicious delight!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Did a day trip to Prescott and went to Murphy's for a late lunch. Bring your appetite! First, they bring you bread which is delicious, the house salad dressing is highly recommended as is the walnut chicken salad sandwich. The bar, which is beautiful has 3 beers on tap, 2 of which are brewed for the restaurant. Both are very tasty! We enjoyed our experience, friendly, attentive staff & gorgeous architectural details too! Worth the trip!