“Supper time!!”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I have taken many trips to Prescott and wanted to eat here. Heard good things. There were 14 in our group. The place is small. Thank god it was a slow weekend in Prescott. Waitress was good. It was warm and stuffy, but she let us open the door for some cool air. It took a while to get things rolling with our drinks and salad. Table behind us came in after us and received their entree before we received our salad. The Mrs. ordered the 8 oz filet mignon. I ordered the BBQ ribs. The steak was excellent. Tender and cooked the perfect medium rare. The ribs were good. Definitely have steak over the ribs next time. Would love to try their prime rib if I get the chance. All in all...pretty place for a steak. Just don't go with a large group. Take a look at the kitchen at the end of the bar and you will know why. Would give a four purely on food, but slow service, stuffy place, and bad musician knock it down to a three.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have been here before and said we would never go back but we decided to give it another try because we wanted ribs.

The service was great. Our Waitress was a jack of all trades from being the bartender, hostess and waitress, she ran the whole time we were there.

The food on the other hand was Poor. Way to expensive for less than average food.

Restaurant was hot,stuffy and loud.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I live across the street from this steakhouse/bar. I went for the first time a few days ago. The only reason I have never went before is because its a steakhouse and being a vegetarian, I didn't think much of it. I got off work at 7:40 and my husband was waiting for me there. He had a few drinks and they said they would stay open for me to have a beer. They usually close at 8. I went in and the kitchen was cleaned and closed but the chef still made me a delicious shrimp skewer. It didn't take long and was very good. The price was great. The kitchen didn't have to make me anything but they did and I was very pleased. I was very impressed with the owner and kitchen staff because right at 8 they had 2 couples walk in to eat and drink. There was no tired or irritated looks/comments from the staff. They were pleased to help these people. At about 8:45 a group of 9 came in to eat and soon after them, a group of 6 came in to drink. As I sat at the bar, I saw the staff hustle and bustle to give everyone great service and food. The energy in the place was excited and happy to have late night patrons. I was happy for everyone there! We kept drinking at the bar and saw all the people eat and drink and leave happy. The owner and staff are wonderful happy people who gave wonderful service right down to waters and sodas. I looked at the menu and decided I WILL GO BACK. They have vegetarian options as well as high end steaks and sea food. The prices are great and services even better!!

1  Thank DEVIN M
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were on our way to Prescott Valley AZ and needed to stop and eat before we arrived. It was a Monday evening and nothing had been open in the last 50 miles when we got to Prescott. Driving thru Prescott this was the first non-franchise place to eat we could find that looked worth stopping. We stopped and went in and was told to sit anywhere, there was plenty of tables so we no sooner sat down and Kristen was there with menu's and wanted to know what we would like to drink, she took orders and returned very quickly. We both decided on the steak sandwich for dinner. Our steak sandwiches were cooked to order perfectly and was on a great artisan roll and were the best steak sandwiches we could remember having in years (very tender and tasty flat iron steaks). The french fries were like hand cut and cooked perfectly, my wife had the fresh fruit for the side and was very pleased with the fresh cut fruits. The chef came by to check on how we liked our meal which was a surprise. This was a true road trip lucky find. The place is very clean with a simple cowboy sheik to it. The staff were very friendly, and they all came out to sing Happy Birthday to a big party at the large table at the end.

I was talking to Kristan about the smokers in the parking lot and she told up about the smoked prime rib special they have on Wed. and Friday nights and convinced us we should come back sometime to try it.

We did come back with my mother and sister on Wed. night to check it out. We arrived about 5:30 and there was plenty of tables. Kristan remembered us and what we had ordered on Monday. She is very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and the operation. My sister ordered the double cut pork chop and we ordered the smoked prime rib specials. The salads were nice and crispy with dressings that are most likely home made. The blue cheese is just like my mothers homemade and the ranch is just like what we make at home, neither of which come out of a bottle. The main course's came and the prime ribs were cooked right to order, medium rare and one medium, it was fork tender and melt in our mouth with a fantastic smoke flavor and a great rub. The prime rib was right up there with some of the best steak houses we have ate at in southern and northers California. I ordered the cowboy beans for the side, they are home made and some of the best beans I have had outside of competitions.
We ordered fresh horseradish instead of the creamed stuff, it is better than my home grown and equal to the horseradish you can buy at the LA Farmers Market, wow what a kick. The pork chop had been brained and grilled, my sister is pretty picky when it comes to food and she really enjoyed the way it was prepared.

The atmosphere is more on the bar and grill side but the food is definitely on the very high end of steak houses. The meal prices are in line with the quality of food. We will definitely be coming back on our next visit to mom's.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Incredible steaks, smoked meats, lamb chops, and burgers! The sirloin steak practically melts in your mouth, it is so tender. The burgers are made to order (so you can get it rare or medium rare), and are 1/2 pound wonders. Thursday night is the lamb chop special and these are cooked to order and so flavorful that you don't need the mint jelly.