“Service at its best”

Taj Mahal Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #28 of 226 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 19, 2010

My name is Raj and Mr.Gil will be happy seeing my review for the trouble me and my frnds gave. I went twice to this restaurant and both the times I reached at 11:00 P.M and the owner is very kind to wait for us and serve some good food. More than anything else, the service he offerered is the best, for which I will surely visit again.

2  Thank Arian18

Reviewed December 18, 2010

My family, including my two young boys, eat Indian food down in Phoenix weekly as it is our favorite cuisine. We happened upon Taj Mahal a little over two years ago when they were in their old location and fell in love with the food and the attentive service of Gil and his wife. Their restaurant, even then, was impeccably clean and the food was absolutely delicious, the Naan bread in particular melts in your mouth.

Their new location on Montezuma is perfect, it has the added benefit of being close to the action on Gurley Street and Whiskey Row, while the inside is painted and decorated in warm spicy accents mirroring the colors and aromas of the Indian dishes that will soon grace your table. Since our first visit they have made a point to stop by our table and say hello even while clearly very busy rushing around to serve other tables.

The service is top rate and the food and atmosphere of their downtown location rivals the best Indian food that we have eaten in England. We make sure to plan a meal out at the Taj Mahal every time we are in Prescott visiting family, and have even pondered heading up for a special date night just to eat out here. We have taken our children here, and the owners are gracious and accommodating, but our kids eat and enjoy Indian food, if they didn't I'm not sure I would eat out here with kids. This is a perfect addition to Prescott!

1  Thank AZLifeInTravel
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We choose this hotel after reading the reviews here on tripadvisor. This was my first time eating Indian cuisine and I loved it! You could tell that the community loves the owner of this place. In the hour time period we were there he handed out hugs left and right. He also went table to table making sure that all his customers were happy. Its not often that you see this kind of service. If your looking for a fun place to eat. This is the place to be.

1  Thank Eavabug
Reviewed November 19, 2010

The food and service in this place is the best. The owner is an important part of the Prescott community and the town would not be the same without this thriving resturant. Food, friends, the best.

1  Thank MGarvey01
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Taj Mahal consistently serves excellent food, whether it's from the lunch buffet or made to order. I love the variety it offers for vegetarians and vegans. Additionally it offers a great selection for my meat-eating friends as well.

1  Thank televixen