“A Touch of the Old Country”

Taj Mahal Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #24 of 224 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is one of the best, if not THE best restaurants in Prescott.
Its food is a well-spiced, excellent representation of Indian cuisine.

Period.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Some of the best Indian food I have had. They serve beer from India as well which goes great with the meal. The owner is great, he is very interactive with guests and treats them like friends.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Some friends and I were visitng Precott for the day to do some hiking and eating. We landed at the Taj Mahal and all four decided on the buffet. It was very good! I am very sensitive to spicy foods and I was able to eat pretty much everything on the buffet. They did have a spicy sauce could be poured on any item to kick it up a knotch. They brought all-we-could-eat fresh garlic nan which was perfect. I ate so much for lunch I didn't even eat dinner that night! I would definitely go back!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stopped here for lunch recently and I would have to say I don't understand all of the positive reviews. Maybe it had something to do with having the luncheon buffet which I felt the food wasn't hot enough and perhaps under spiced. There seemed to be sufficient variety of side dishes, but maybe could have offered a second meat item in addition to the tandoori chicken. Perhaps the entrees ordered from the menu are tastier and more flavorful. Also, there is insufficient lighting over the buffet table, so it is difficult to really see the individual serving dishes/pans. The fresh bread is very tasty, though.Thought the overall decor was a little dark, but maybe that's the ambiance they are striving for.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Quite simply the best meal I have had for a long time. I travel a lot and usually go to an Indian restaurant in the city that I travel to. This is the best of the lot. Lamb tikka ...yum, with garlic nan to dip in the curry sauce ...double yum!!! Our server, Lacey, was awesome too and the owner recommended a great new beer to try. Loved it all.