“Lunch buffet was pretty bad”

Taj Mahal Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #20 of 227 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stopped in for the lunch buffet while we were shopping in Prescott. They weren't too busy when we arrived, yet the service was still slow. We were not given menus and inquired about the lunch buffet. The server told us it was $15.99, which she admitted was expensive but then justified the price saying that it came with naan and rice. I've never eaten at an Indian buffet that did not include the naan and rice. We decided to try it anyway and were very disappointed. It is easily the worst Indian food I've eaten in the US. Very bland and hardly any meat in the meat options. The naan never arrived until after we were done eating and was a bit burned. Drinks were never refilled. I will never eat here again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

A local resident and friend wanted to treat us to dinner. We were looking forward to Indian cuisine but our friend had never eaten such food. The memsahib, as usual, chose chicken tikka masala while restaurateur, Gil, recommended his chicken tandoori to our friend and promised me a delicious traditional lamb curry. I know my Indian food and everything was absolutely perfect. Gil was a charming host and his Taj Mahal Restaurant a nice find (thanks to Tripadvisor reviews) for us all.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I've been going to Taj Mahal for 6 months since moving to Prescott. I visit Taj Mahal every Thursday with some friends from school for the lunch buffet which is delicious and reasonably priced. Gill, the owner, introduced me to my new favorite Indian dessert, Gulab Jamun. I highly recommend Taj Mahal to anyone who happens to be in Prescott.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My family and I just dined here this evening. It has been a while since I have eaten Indian food, and a first for my daughters. They were tentative, but I encouraged them to try new things. I am so glad we gave it a try! I was a little disappointed that they were out of pakoras, but the owner offered us an order of the chicken wings as consolation. They were very good! My husband & I both enjoyed the spicy margaritas & my family liked the assorted naans & chutneys too. My main course was the rack of lamb, and it was fantastic!!! , I can't wait to go back & order it again. My husband ordered his butter chicken spice level hot & it was perfect (we like a good bit of heat). One daughter enjoyed her chicken curry, and the other ordered lamb sag but it was not what she was hoping for. The owner asked her if she liked it & she hesitantly said no. He was very eager to get her something else & brought her a lamb korma instead. She loved the lamb korma!!! He gave the girls each a delicious dessert as well.

I highly recommend coming here whether you are a seasoned Indian food eater or not. We can't wait to return & hopefully get the try the pakoras next time too! I'm excited that we now have a new ethnic cuisine we can enjoy as a family.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The food is the best Indian food I have ever eaten. We have been going to Taj Mahal for 5 years now and always make sure to take all our visiting friends and family to enjoy the food and great atmosphere. Gil the owner is hilarious, and always treats us like family. we love him , his staff and service and of course the food. Everyone should give it a try.

The best Lamb dish in the world. Good wine selection and tell Gil we sent you.