“Could not have been better!”

Taj Mahal Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #23 of 226 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Everything was great from the time we walked in. Our waiter was good and really knew his stuff. The owner came out and chatted a bit too.
The food was INCREDIBLE! We ordered four dishes and every one was "wow" worthy. I've never been anywhere in Phoenix remotely comparable.
They have a decent bar too. I was really happy to see a Deschutes IPA on tap.
We will go again!

1  Thank Jordan L

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We really enjoyed the variety at Taj Mahal. Our waiter was from India and was very knowledgeable. I have food allergies and the chef was willing and able to modify the dish I wanted to suit my needs. Only issue was it was just a bit too spicy for me, so if you like it mild be sure to let them know, they are acommodating. Good portions, enjoyed having left overs the next day. My companion enjoyed the buffet, many choices. Wish I lived closer, would like to go there more often.

1  Thank T L
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The food is great and the owner is always there to help with suggestions! We always get different things and share!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I’ve lived in Prescott for 5 years and have only been to Taj Mahal a couple of times because on both occasions I wasn’t impressed enough to go back regularly. I knew there was better Indian food to be had in Flagstaff and Sedona, but those restaurants recently changed hands so I thought I’d give my local another chance to save me a drive. I should point out that I’m reviewing on the basis of their lunch buffet. Some may think this unfair, but I believe that a restaurant should at least make an effort with a buffet in the interest of attracting dinner trade. I’m also vegetarian, but all I’m missing out on is the usual tandoori chicken and maybe one other dish.

I’d like to say I found the food merely unmemorable, but I’m going to remember how bad it was. Stringy saag (no cheese), undistinguished dal, bland vegetable korma consisting of nothing but cauliflower and carrot (I fished around in the pan but that was it), soggy naan, and some nondescript cabbage concoction that only proved that they had cabbage on hand and had to figure out something to do with it. Oh yes, and French-fried onion rings seasoned with a bit of curry, BFD. (No somosas? No pakoras?)

I can’t imagine what prompts positive reviews of this place. If you live in the Prescott area and have a jones for Indian food, drive to Sedona or Flag instead. I can’t swear those places are as good as they used to be (and they used to be fantastic), but even on a bad day they’re sure to be better than Taj Mahal.

1  Thank azplayer
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have been here several times now and love it. The first thing I get and love is the refreshing iced tea. It sounds simple but the flavors and freshness is something I haven't been able to replicate at home. Samosas are crispy on the outside and inside plump with hot tasty aloo. The pulao with cherries and grapes is to die for. So far everything we have ordered, we loved. The atmosphere inside is very authentic and the owner is very interactive and welcoming. Lots of choices for the vegetarian and non.

1  Thank Patty L