“Best brunch in Prescott”
Review of Iron Springs Cafe

Iron Springs Cafe
Ranked #24 of 216 Restaurants in Prescott
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Prescott, Arizona
“Best brunch in Prescott”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Located in an authentic old (=rustic) railroad depot. Sat outside on the patio.

Went there for the third time in recent months for Sunday brunch. Love the Crabcakes Benedict (Eggs Benedict on crab cakes instead of English muffin) and Blackened catfish. Coffee is average. Adult daughter was with me and had Mexican chocolate - cold beverage - loves it!!

Service was prompt but one of the other servers had trouble delivering the food and drink orders to the correct table.

Love it overall. Will go back often.

• Visited August 2014

Tucson, Arizona
“Cajun food in Arizona”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stopped here with family for dinner. When the owner found out my husband was from New Orleans, she gave us a sample. We all agreed it was very good. My husband had the muffaletta, which was authentic except for the added lettuce. I split a blackened chicken salad - very good and spicy. The restaurant is in an old house and has good atmosphere. There are lots of daily specials. I would eat there again.

• Visited August 2014
“Fun local favorite!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

This is a fun place to go for a great meal and interesting, eclectic atmosphere. We have had great service most of the time, but one waitress is a bit pushy and impatient. The owner is very friendly and welcoming. The menu is varied and interesting. Recommend reservations as it tends to be really busy especially on the weekend!

• Visited July 2014
Mesa, Arizona
“Apparently we visited on an "off" day.”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Cute little place. This restaurant was recommended by many locals. Not impressed. Love the décor and charm but that's where it stopped. The waitress almost seemed "bothered" to have customers (she had a total of four table including ours). She was not friendly. I had the scrambled eggs that were mixed with ham, cheese, tomato...not much flavor...burnt tortillas, black beans and rice. Will try anything once. There are many other better places for breakfast in town.

• Visited July 2014
Prescott, Arizona
“Sunday Brunch with a twist”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is the second time that my wife and I have stopped by the Iron Springs Cafe for a Sunday Brunch.

A friend had asked me to let him know what we thought afterwords. I told him that the food is very good, but this is not a place to go looking for bacon and eggs. Andouille sausage and crab cake benedicts to be sure. New orleans French Toast in a carmel sauce with bananas reminiscent of bananas foster absolutely.

The restaurant is train car themed, and is very pleasant. Our server greeted us t the door and served us, which I always appreciate. She was courteous and attentive without falling over us. The support staff always made certain that we had enough coffee and water to drink, and that any needs we had were met.

I ordered the crab cake benedict. It was delivered with two large cakes on which there were placed a sliced tomato and a poached egg. The hollandaise sauce had a nice zip to it, likely associated with the addition of a little cayenne pepper. The eggs were down perfectly, just done with a runny yolk and firm whites.

Noticeably absent was any form of muffin. That was actually an OK thing, as the crab cakes themselves had plenty of breading so the absence was actually sort of appreciated. The cakes themselves were down well, but I was a little disappointed on the amount of crab. I was looking for larger pieces, but the crab and breading had been mixed to the point were it was a uniform mixture. The taste was good, especially when considering this is the high desert, but the absence of crab was noted.

My wife ordered the huevos rancheros, which is delivered on a toasted tortilla as opposed to a soft flour version, which she appreciated It is also served over black beans as opposed to refried beans, another nice touch. She enjoyed them thoroughly.

All in all, a decent meal. We still have yet to have dinner here, but on those days when we want something a little more exotic it's nice to know that this is available.

• Visited June 2014