“Never had anything I didn't love at Iron Springs Cafe” 4 of 5 bubbles

Iron Springs Cafe
Ranked #25 of 215 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Prescott, Arizona
“Never had anything I didn't love at Iron Springs Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I eat at ISC often and take any out of town company there at least once during their visit. We try to get there fairly early on Friday when they serve the cherry glazed duck. One of us always orders that and then we use leftovers for a duck frittata over the weekend. The mussels are our favorite appetizers and we ask for a container to take the broth home in and use it for bouillabaisse stock. They are always crowded and the tables are cramped together and tight, but it's reminiscent of European restaurants were the staff have been around a long time and are used to all the little quirks and can just work around them. Another reviewer claimed this is directly across from the Courthouse, however, it certainly is not downtown at the square. I don't know where they went, but Iron Springs Cafe is NOT on the square, it's on Iron Springs Road a couple of miles from downtown.

• Visited December 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a charming little restaurant and the service is very good. They have what I consider an unusual menu selection and the portions are more than adequate. Yes it's pricey for the neighborhood but, it is still a treat once in a while.

Visited March 2012
“Eggs Benedict”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have driven by many times and decided it was high time to stop and eat. I was not dissapointed!
The Iron Springs Cafe is housed in old railroad buildings and the E!ggs Benedict were delectable. Loved the added grilled tomato

• Visited January 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Absolutely delicious, but giant portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I had breakfast here during our trip to Prescott, after hotel recommended it. It is directly across the main entrance to the courthouse. The food was incredibly delicious. I had to cornflake crusted French toast, and my husband had a breakfast skillet. The French toast was probably the best I ever had, although I'm glad I ordered only a half an order. The skillet was honestly three servings, And we took a lot home with us.

I did ask for a side of biscuit,and gravy and I was brought an entire plateful of gravy with one biscuit! I wish the waitress had clarified for me that was the side.

All in all we will certainly return here next time we are in Prescott. Only we will probably share an entree!

Visited January 2013
Prescott, Arizona
“Old Train Station Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

This old wooden train station dating back to the old Peavine RR days is funky but fun. Lots of items on the menu but beware the food is spicy. Love the blackened chicken sandwich. It will leave a zing in your mouth. Soft drinks are sold by the can. They need a soft drink machine so you can get refills.

• Visited December 2012