“Great atmosphere!”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We really enjoyed the "Human Jukebox". Food was very good, service was friendly, but not overbearing.

1  Thank CGreenman

Reviewed September 26, 2012

If the name "Dry Gulch Steak House" brings an expected image to you, you're probably correct. The motif is 100% cowboy/western/casual with more pictures of John Wayne than any movie movie museum. The food was average, but well prepared, and the service was excellent.

1  Thank winibob
Reviewed August 27, 2012

On a visit to Prescott my wife and I went to the Dry Gulch on her birthday based on a Prescott local's recommendation. After he told us about a free steak dinner on your birthday we were in. The place is a little out of the way which is good as far as I'm concerned, kind of a locals only joint. If I had read some of the reviews on Trip Advisor beforehand I might not have been so enthusiastic, so I'm glad I didn't. The atmosphere is rustic cowboy all the way, which I like. Came in on a week night and got seated right away and had a margarita in hand in no time. We had an excellent dinner, both had the 16 oz T-bone, good margaritas, and a big mud pie enough for two (with a birthday candle!) for dessert. The prices were unreal compared to downtown Prescott, at least 30-40% less. I'm not extremely picky and maybe it was because we were celebrating a birthday but everything was perfect and I have no complaints whatsoever with the service, or food, or anything. I will definitely come back even if it isn't my birthday. Surprised to see it so far down the list on Trip Advisor. Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read, try things and find out for yourself.

2  Thank Chopsterboy
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Anyone over 12 years of age knows what prime rib is. What it is not is some cut of meat broiled or somehow blackened to the point that it resembles the sole of a work boot, and probably just as durable. If they listed this item on the menu as "Our World Famous Blackened Rib Roast" I would have been appropriately warned and I would have ordered a steak. Instead I waited for an hour for the ersatz Prime Rib which was inedible. I ran into a friend there and he asked me how my dinner was. I told him and he replied that he ordered the Prime Rib too and it was horrible. I emailed the restaurant about my experience and I received a prompt, yet non responsive slab of boiler plate:

“We just read your email and wanted to let you know just how sorry we all are that you didn’t enjoy your visit to the Dry Gulch. If were (sic) lucky enough to have you come back we will do our very best to make sure your visit is fun and up to your expectations. “

It is highly doubtful that we will go there again anytime soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Order "fresh ground" sirloin steak. Amazing that scalloped edges were perfect, like machine made? Ordered med rare came raw. Waitress took back and return same "steak" on same plate no additional cooking on outside. Come on now, really. Can't even throw it on the grill?? Tender and good flavor though...,,,,,,,,