“We liked it” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
PS
“We liked it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We have been here twice and enjoyed breakfasts. It was not busy both times so we were taken care of easily. The choices for breakfast were typical but there was a chalkboard with specials as well. Food quality was good, fresh and tasty. Both visits, the owner came out and chatted with us and we appreciated that. The decor is cute and colorful from the checkered floor to each wooden chair. And there was a solo guitarist strumming and singing softly nice melodies or Christmas carols while we ate. It was great. We can't touch on lunch but we did see that choices on the menu for this fare are limited as others have said. Probably could use a chicken item to round it out. We do hope this restaurant is successful and works out any issues others have experienced that we did not. Good luck!

Glendale, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible owners attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stopped in for a mid day meal and browsed the menu. Not finding something to perk our appetites we left. The greasy smell put us off a bit but the rudeness of the owner when we left was way over the top. Asked why we didn't stay we told him it wasn't what we were looking for... he verbally went off the deep end saying we could go down the road and "eat out of any of the toilets down there" I have to say, l could never recommend this place due to the owners attitude... he must have made a lot of money somewhere else as l doubt he will in this endeavor.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank bmcspares
Prescott, Arizona
“Atmosphere=A+, Menu=D+”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We tried out one of Prescott's newer restaurants today and were immediately impressed with the transformation they had made. On the interior it was very cute, colorful and eclectic. We were also immediately *depressed* by the menu. Their "Mid-Day Fare" (aka lunch menu) included literally seven options : burger, cheeseburger, grilled cheese, caesar or house salad, roast beef sandwich, cheese steak sandwich. The breakfast menu was printed on the back of our "lunch" menu, and after looking at that, we were disappointed that we could not order breakfast at noon on a Saturday.

We ordered the house salad and cheeseburger. As a vegetarian / vegan, my options were VERY limited. Even for the carnivores, there aren't many options. Although the food was very fresh, it was not very flavorful. The burger was not seasoned, nor did it come with fries. An $8 burger, should at least come with a side of fries. Pie was also on the menu (and I LOVE pie) but none of it was displayed, nor were there signs advertising the daily special. You had to ask a server what the pie of the day was. Had it been visible, or had she come up and told us, I probably would have ordered a slice. After eating a disappointing and overpriced salad, I plain forgot that I was considering a slice of pie.

They are really going to have to rework the menu in order to get the locals' business. Bummer.
Bill's Grill is just blocks away and offers a larger selection and better value.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jsundogg
Glendale, Arizona
“Be prepared to stay a while”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

With much anticipation we watched this new establishment go up near our second home and were excited to find it is a breakfast and lunch diner. On our recent trip to Prescott we ate at Maxine's twice. We were disappointed at such a limited and unoriginal menu but both found items which interested us. Both visits the service was extremely slow and it certainly wasn't because it was too busy. Our food was very good, an omelet and the chocolate chip pancakes the first time and a different omelet and the bacon and eggs breakfast the second. I received the wrong omelet and my husband, the breakfast plate instead of the ala carte items he ordered, a $2+ difference in price. Because it had taken so long I dared not return it and fortunately, enjoyed it very much. As more came in while we ate, they didn't seem to know how to handle 4 tables at once. Refills on the coffee only came as we were ready to leave and I was never offered a refill on my water. When we received our ticket we had also been charged for 2 coffees when we ordered only 1. We called this to our server's attention as well as having received the wrong omelet. She just smiled and said, "I know. It happens." Overall I would say the food we have tried is very tasty but I will not return again when I am in time constraints. I cannot imagine how a breakfast could take so long to prepare (and at that, get it wrong) when there are were only 3 people in the restaurant when we arrived and they had already received their food. If it weren't walking distance from our home with no other restaurant within 1/2 mile, I probably wouldn't return at all.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mitimom
Mesa, Arizona
“Good but always room for improvement.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were excited to see this restaurant finally opened. My husband had the fruit bowl which was yummy. All the fruit was fresh. It included cantalope, banana, strawberries, blueberries, grapes. My daughter and I shared the ham and cheese omelet. The omelet was good, I could have done without the Velvetta like cheese but it was good. The potatoes were fresh and yummy. Young, inexperienced girls are waiting tables. Our waitress took our order, was not very personalable. She never came and checked on us. If we needed something we had to flag her down. Food is good. If they could just focus on service they will be fine.

• Visited May 2013