“Great Beers and a cozy atmosphere!”

Granite Mountain Brewing
Ranked #25 of 71 things to do in Prescott
More attraction details
Owner description: Serving small, batch hand-crafted American style ales brewed on site in a laid-back brewery and taproom. Now serving Arizona wine, local mead and hard cider. Enjoy a pint or try a flight to sample everything on tap. Our expanded light fare menu features fresh items, prepared in-house. Take a seat at our custom bar to gaze at the brewhouse or unwind in an armchair or couch for conversation or board games with friends. We also offer seating on our secluded back patio. We host live music, special events and more - check our website for details.
Prescott, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Beers and a cozy atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been wanting to try Granite Mountain Brewing for quite some time, so we stopped in on Sunday. The place reminds me more of a coffeehouse, with soft chairs arranged in circles, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and light fare. They offer four beers at a time, and the Blonde was excellent! The Wheat was very different from other wheat beers I have tried, and they do offer flights and samples. I will be back.

Visited July 2013
Amanda R, Owner at Granite Mountain Brewing, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thanks for coming in over the weekend and for the positive review! We are happy that you enjoyed your visit. Just a note of clarification, GMB offers SIX beers on tap - 3 flagship styles and 3 rotating specialty/seasonal styles. We hope to see you again soon!

Prescott
“Espresso Stout and Honey Vanilla Porter - Yum!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I really like this place. It's small, cozy and it has a tiny outdoor terraced patio surrounded by old brick walls from the neighboring buildings. I like to pretend I am sipping my handcrafted beer in a rustic garden in a small German town, and not sitting in the back alley a few blocks away from Whiskey Row. It's quiet enough for me to keep up that fantasy, especially the night that some actual German (I think) visitors were sitting at a nearby table talking.

The beer selection changes regularly, which is perfect if you are adventurous and like to try new tastes, like the Espresso Stout and Honey Vanilla Porter (my favorite so far!) they had on our last visit. Plus there are some standards they keep on tap for folks (like my husband) who like a good, reliable lager or wheat beer.

I think most of the staff are also the brewers, so they know all about each beer and will let you sample if you're not sure if/what you'll like. Gorgeous wood inlaid bar and casual seating areas reminiscent of funky college coffee shop decor. Check out the patio if you're there on a nice day (which is most days in Prescott.)

Visited May 2013
Prescott, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent for a pint (or 2) of local brew”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We love this place - and usually make it a Sunday afternoon tradition. With four fresh brews on tap at any given time, it is a charming place to enjoy a local brew. Our favorite so far is Wee Heavy, but they also have a great Espresso Stout. Live music is a mainstay at Granite Mountain Brewery - and they have some sandwiches, a yummy freshly made hummus & beer bread plate and some other snacks too. Merchandise for sale and "mug club" (co-op style) home town brewery options as well. If you like hand crafted beers - this is a must !

Closed Mondays & Tuesdays for brewing, any other time you want to stop by I would highly recommend it.

Visited May 2013
Sedona, Arizona
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Do the flight”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Visited recently for the first time with a friend. We both had the 5-flight with appetizers. All were excellent. Will go back again when in the area.

Visited February 2013
Gaylord, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Less "brewpub" , more "beer tasting room"”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm a huge fan of craft and micro breweries, so to have 2 of them in Prescott is wonderful. My wife and I love Prescott Brewing Co. (PBC) and have been wanting to visit Granite Mountain Brewing since hearing of their Kickstarter campaign. We came in on a quiet Saturday early afternoon, ordered a couple pints and some pretzels, and took a look around. Seating is comfy, the staff are warm and super-knowledgeable, and the environment is cozy instead of loud and busy. They even have a selection of board games to play. Highly recommended.