“Hugos Tacos... the best”
Review of Hugo's Cocina - CLOSED

Hugo's Cocina
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: NEW OWNERS! THE CHEFS BOUGHT THE PLACE! The same great food maybe with a little pride added. Durango Mexican cooking at its best.I have passed by this little place for years and didn't give it a second glance. It is a little hole-in-the-wall delight; tiny with a one person kitchen. Now I am a regular, coming a a couple of times a week when in town. If you have to wait, it is well worth it.My wife has taken to the Frijoles Enteros, a vegetarian dish of whole pinto beans, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, guacamole and sour cream, served with fresh, warmed tortillas. I need a little meat, so I ask for a small bowl of red chili to complement the beans- it is not on the menu, but they are quite willing to accommodate. The meat is tender and delicious, in a mild thin red chili sauce. Their salsa bar has chips, salsas, lime wedges and jalapenos. The jalapenos make this a perfect meal. There is a lot of food. We will share a plate as there is too much for one. We will split a red chili burro, or a green chili burro and that is a delicious lunch with a side of free chips and salsa. For a great snack, a little lime on a carne asada taco delights my taste buds and comes close to filling me up.Yes, it is a little different, funky maybe; few tables inside, most outside in the back. It's a little bit of a challenge when it is really cold outside, but I have braved the cold for the food several times. It is a comfy winter environment inside. On a warm afternoon, sitting on the patio in beautiful Prescott with the excellent flavors of Hugo's food is just perfect.
Arizona
“Hugos Tacos... the best”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We've been to Hugos probably a thousand times... no joke. We get tacos every time, because they're the best. Manny knows how to make good food. Small place with good home-made salsa at the salsa bar.
Great stuff. Never disappoints!

Visited November 2012
4 Thank ChatWithMatt

Central Oregon, Oregon
“Stop, don't drive by”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have passed this place so many times and did not stop because I was leery. After reading all the good reviews on TA, I decided to give it a try, All the good reviews are true. From the self service chip and salsa bar to the menu selections, it was authentic and delicious. Based upon the recommendations of other TA advice, I ordered the carne asada burrito and was not disappointed. The inside is small but clean and cozy. I loved it and look forward to a return visit and trying other items on the menu. This is a close five stars. You order at the counter and food is delivered.

• Visited October 2012
Prescott, Arizona
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Went in to Hugos again and was so happy that I did. The food was awesome the medium salsa is the best. Whether you are visiting or live in Prescott this is a must. And yes this qualifies as a hole in the wall place.

• Visited October 2012
PRESCOTT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummmmmy”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This place is deceiving, looks like not much on the outside, but it has some of the best Mexican food in the area. There's an outside area to sit and eat, nothing fancy, but it's clean and fine for very casual dining. The food is really good - don't let the looks fool you! Service is quick, food is hot and fresh.

Visited September 2012
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Little restaurant, Big find”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Good Mexican, good salsas, great staff, can't beat it. I like veggies and the casadilla was very good. A friend ordered beef plate, loved it, another had pork tacos, loved them. Limited seating inside but with Prescott weather outside at the picnic tables is usually very enjoyable.

Visited August 2012