“Innovative, Hand Crafted Cusine says the card”
Review of Chef Bryan's Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2012

And I agree! Finding a restaurant like this in tiny Prescott is a joy. We have eaten here several times and 9/10 times are very happy with the cusine. My favorite is the Brie plate to share. It consists of baked brie in filo dough with a carmel type sauce, served with fresh apples,pears,cherries,strawberries, with fresh home made bread. I have eaten lunch here as well but it is very small and cramped quarters. I understand they are expanding and no wonder with fresh food, home made bread and the desserts are very good also. Make reservations so you will have a seat. Service is adequate but not stunning.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

My wife and I went here for dinner one night, and then she went with a large group on Sunday after church. Both times we very dissapointing. We know chef Bryan from his work at two other restaurants in town and had always enjoyed his meals. Now that he owns his own place we were more than excited to find out how much of his cooking muscles he would flex. It seems to us that being an owner of a resaurant may not be own of his strong suits. His "Plates a la Maison" are chocked full of pickled items that may or may not go well with the main ingrediant. We had the Country Pate that promised chopped egg, capers, red onion and grilled garlic bread. We received a good portion of pate, (which was quite nice) but only four quarters of bread,(i.e. 1 slice of bread cut into 4 pieces), not nearly enough for the serving. Instead of chopped egg and capers, the meal came with a wide variety of pickled dishes. Most of which did not belong on the same plate as the pate.

My wife then choose the Filet Plate as her meal, which was discribed as "thin-sliced filet mignon". It came out more as one would expect to receive when ordering Fajitas. And again with the same pickled side dishes that did nothing to enhance the dish. Cheap filler is all I can say about it. I had the Bistro Filet Mignon. While it was tasty, I ordered medium rare, and it came out medium. The crab and brie stuffing was nice, but I would bet that there was less then 1 tablespoon crammed into a little slice in the meat.

On Sunday, my wife had called and reserved a table for six. (The ladies always go out for lunch after church somewhere...this time it was here.) When an additional six ladies showed up, the waitress scolded my wife for getting the number incorrect and warned her not to do it again!

This time she ordered the spinach and pear salad which promised baby spinach tossed with apples and pears, candied pecan, feta and cucumbers. When it arrived, it had no pears, candied pecans or cucumbers, but did have one each of his pickled bellpepper strips and a pickle. Another lady ordered the eggplant only to have is served very undercooked.

The first time my wife and I went, we were greeted by a boy who could not/would not take his eyes off my wife. Addressing all comments and questions toward her alone. Now I personally think my wife is a looker...I did find his actions disturbing. Not only his qawking, but also his total lack of acknowlegment of me, the second diner.

The bread served to us the first time was burnt and not cut deep enough to be able to break into slices. The second bread offered us was not warmed at all.

While I agree with the rest of the reviewers that this town wants and needs new fine dinning establishments, this place is not it. I hope that chef Bryan can correct these shortcomings and create something he can be proud of and we all can enjoy coming to.

But it will be a long time, and many friends rave comments about this place before I step foot back in there.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We arrived 15 minutes before they formally opened. They were friendly and cordial, suggesting some wine while they prep'd for opening. The Halibut and the Lobster Jambalaya were very good. The bread pudding was Tops. We plan on making it one of our "go to" places when we want more of the best in Prescott. (They are expanding and expect to be complete by July 14th for their grand opening)

Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

It is small, crowded and was a little too noisy...food was very good. Service was just okay. The menu and specialsi are varied and interesting. Chef Bryan is a nice addition to the Prescott restaurant scene.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Finding Chef Bryan's Bistro was a great new experience. The place breathes life into an area which had fallen into a rut of the routine dining experience. While there is no shortage of burger joints and a few local pubs the bistro provides fine food and now has a full list wine and alcoholic beverages. The atmosphere is cozy with decent service. The one thing that needs work is the service although not bad when the place gets busy it can start to lag. Overall a great place to relax and enjoy a full meal.

1  Thank john f